What cable do I need

Rozalin

Hey, can someone tell me what kind of cable I need to connect my computer to my TV as a monitor? I can't figure it out and I need to buy one so if someone could tell me the name/link me one on ebay or something that'd be appreciated.

Ports:

Spoiler

Where the cord on my pc for a normal monitor would go

Ports I have on my TV

A HDMI cable. You have an HDMI port on your GPU (left to the ports you pictured in the first photo, it seems to be blocked off by a connector protector) and you have an HDMI on your TV (it has the label HDMI under it, middle connector in second photo).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You'd need a DVI to HDMI lead, or an adapter if you already have a hdmi or dvi lead.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

You will need to get an DVI to HDMI or DVI to VGA adapter to work and don't cheap out on the adapters just make sure they work well from the reviews 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

2 minutes ago, Rozalin said:

Hey, can someone tell me what kind of cable I need to connect my computer to my TV as a monitor? I can't figure it out and I need to buy one so if someone could tell me the name/link me one on ebay or something that'd be appreciated.

Ports:

Hide contents

Where the cord on my pc for a normal monitor would go

Ports I have on my TV

you can use an hdmi cable such as this :http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-SPEED-HDMI-1-4-CABLE-WITH-ETHERNET-PS3-BLURAY-DVD-HDTV-XBOX360-ELITE-3ft-/351181106808?hash=item51c4066e78:g:2VYAAOSw~bFWGbGY

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

A HDMI cable. You have an HDMI port on your GPU (left to the ports you pictured in the first photo, it seems to be blocked off by a connector protector) and you have an HDMI on your TV (it has the label HDMI under it, middle connector in second photo).

Good spot, didn't notice the hdmi there with the rubber/plastic cap still in it :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, Rozalin said:

Yeah that would work. But do you really not have any HDMI cables laying around? Because that can be used just fine as well.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Rozalin said:

Sure, as long as 1 meter is enough length. That's pretty short.

Just now, Minibois said:

Yeah that would work. But do you really not have any HDMI cables laying around? Because that can be used just fine as well.

Unfortunately no, I don't have much of anything like this lying around.

Thanks for the help!