how to make your own oxygen?

Legolessed

so im going to need some liquid or gaseous oxygen but i dont know how to harvest it. I know something like sodium chloride releases it when burned but i dont see people doing it so theres gotta be a better way. electrolysis? anyone know? also will storing oxygen in bottles work?

Look up HHO generators. 

Why do you need oxygen? You do know this stuff is nothing to fuck with right? It can blow up in your face if you're not careful. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Look up HHO generators. 

Why do you need oxygen? You do know this stuff is nothing to fuck with right? It can blow up in your face if you're not careful. 

oh, ya oxygen will blow my face clean off. i need it for a rocket.

Just now, Legolessed said:

Noice! Are you heading to outer space, sending a 'package' to a disliked acquaintance, or just getting rid of an annoying dog or something?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

Just do a hybrid rocket engine rather than trying to blow yourself up with a gas fuel base.

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Just do a hybrid rocket engine rather than trying to blow yourself up with a gas fuel base.

im intrigued xD but wouldnt you have to keep replacing the fuel in the rocket engine? disassembling it each time?

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Noice! Are you heading to outer space, sending a 'package' to a disliked acquaintance, or just getting rid of an annoying dog or something?

multiple things. The main idea i have is that i want to make a device that makes the human body lighter. The army made a backpack with edf;s in it and it allowed anyone to run a 4 minute mile, im going to do something like that, but with rockets :) 

im intrigued xD 

Just be aware hybrid rocket engines will burn really hot and are dangerous if you aren't careful. The plus side is they are solid and are easier to control than gas fuel.

multiple things. The main idea i have is that i want to make a device that makes the human body lighter. The army made a backpack with edf;s in it and it allowed anyone to run a 4 minute mile, im going to do something like that, but with rockets :) 

:):):) Rockets = fire = speed = fun*. 

*Zando's Equation.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Just be aware hybrid rocket engines will burn really hot and are dangerous if you aren't careful. The plus side is they are solid and are easier to control than gas fuel.

i think any rocket is dangerous if your not careful. 

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

:):):) Rockets = fire = speed = fun*. 

*Zando's Equation.

heck ya. Solid rockets are fun and all that, but its time to get bigger! only launching a thousand feet isnt good enough!!!

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

You wouldn't want that type of fuel source for that you would want a slow burning fuel source that has a long burn time. Oxygen would just be gone after a second.

You wouldn't want that type of fuel source for that you would want a slow burning fuel source that has a long burn time. Oxygen would just be gone after a second.

i was thinking i could use an oxygen tank and a regulator. but if theres something easier than im all ears

heck ya. Solid rockets are fun and all that, but its time to get bigger! only launching a thousand feet isnt good enough!!!

Only a thousand feet on a solid rocket? What type of engine are you using?

Only a thousand feet on a solid rocket? What type of engine are you using?

tiny sugar rockets on big rockets xD they looked really cool but were tiny so didnt go very high. one only went 400 feet :/ 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

what about hydrogen fuel?

what about hydrogen fuel?

You really want to blow yourself up don't you. Hydrogen is just as volatile if not more than oxygen. You should probably try using a real solid engine in a rocket before you go to a gas engine.

You really want to blow yourself up don't you. Hydrogen is just as volatile if not more than oxygen. You should probably try using a real solid engine in a rocket before you go to a gas engine.

but you can control solid engines. they are truly one hit wonders xD 

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

"how about nitrated stuff"

EDIT: I know what I said makes no sense but I find nitrated paper really cool (in magic tricks for exemple)

You could probably use electrolysis on water, and then use the fact that hydrogen is lighter to separate the two.

Seems pretty dangerous though.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

but you can control solid engines. they are truly one hit wonders xD 

Just look up cesaroni rocket engines and you would find plenty powerful rocket engines.

11 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

i was thinking i could use an oxygen tank and a regulator. but if theres something easier than im all ears

You'd need a massive tank for something like that.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

How much O2 do you need? You can just buy a tank from a welding or medical supply company. I don't think it's very expensive.