Intel Optane Memory

DuckyLucky

I have been playing around with Intel Optane for about a week.  I'm running an Asus ROG Maximus IX the Optane is installed in m.2_2 at 4x.  I have two Samsung 850evo in Raid0.  I am not using the Optane memory software, instead I am using Intel's rapid storage technology which gives me the option to accelerate my SSD's.  It seems to be working well.  I'm curious if anyone has experience with this?  I'd also like to see what you experienced guys think, as there could be something technical I am overlooking.   

How is it faster than the SSD's in raid 0?

Do you maybe have some figures to compare the system with and without the Optane thingy?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

With the benchmarks I'm running I seem to be getting better frame rates.  I have not done read and write tests. Is there a program you reccomend? 

id like to see optane compared to bcache using 2 SSDs in RAID0.

The write speed of Optane does not look as good as 2 SSDs in RAID0

Ubuntu installation CD has a disk benchmark tool but you will have to setup the cache manually, and format your drives

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

The optane's claim to fame is its low latency.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?