s340 Elite or p400s TG?

RelyBedGrammer

I'm sorry, I feel this has been asked a lot

but which case should I buy?

those two are the only thing that comes with tempered glass and fits my budget well,

my thoughts about the cases so far :

the s340 elite looks like an immediate choice at first because I like the look, it got 2 additional usb connector compared to the p400s tg, and the headphone puck, as gimmicky as it might seem looks really useful,

but two things stops me from pulling the trigger, the hard drive cage, while minor, is (I assume) better on p400s tg, and cable management, I'm not confident about the cable clasps in the s340 elite, as it seemed that it could break easily, while the p400s tg has velcro straps and rubber grommets.

thanks in advance!

extra note : I'll be cooling this pc with the wraith spire, here's my build.

Honestly it doesn't matter :P

It's what you prefer. A case is apart from a few minor things a subjective decision.

I've done a build in an S340 and it wasn't awesome.

It's easy to damage the bracket next tot the motherboard when you put it in so it's required to be careful about that and the hole for the 8-pin cpu connector is tiny AF and a pain in the butt to connect. Apart from that it's fine

Don't have any experience with the P400s tho. But i personally would get the P400s because it looks better :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 minutes ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

those two are the only thing that comes with tempered glass and fits my budget well,

Forgetting the Inwin 303 exists? :P

Image result for inwin 303

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I have the p400 and I would not call the drive cage stable. typical toolless design has a bit of play

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

P400S is more promising for your cable workout

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Forgetting the Inwin 303 exists? :P

Image result for inwin 303

I don't know why but it's pricey here, is it worth paying 150 bucks for it?

@RelyBedGrammer Why not look at fractal design cases? They seem to have good reputation as NZXT

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

4 hours ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

I'm sorry, I feel this has been asked a lot

but which case should I buy?

my thoughts about the cases so far :

the s340 elite looks like an immediate choice at first because I like the look, it got 2 additional usb connector compared to the p400s tg, and the headphone puck, as gimmicky as it might seem looks really useful,

but two things stops me from pulling the trigger, the hard drive cage, while minor, is (I assume) better on p400s tg, and cable management, I'm not confident about the cable clasps in the s340 elite, as it seemed that it could break easily, while the p400s tg has velcro straps and rubber grommets.

thanks in advance!

extra note : I'll be cooling this pc with the wraith spire, here's my build.

I do believe the P400's HDD bays are better, but I can confirm the cable clasps in the s340 work pretty well. (You can see photos in the Blue Build Post in my signature)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

13 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

@RelyBedGrammer Why not look at fractal design cases? They seem to have good reputation as NZXT

I'm currently looking at Fractal Define C , got some thoughts on that? I could get the p400s tg cheaper than it though

11 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I do believe the P400's HDD bays are better, but I can confirm the cable clasps in the s340 work pretty well. (You can see photos in the Blue Build Post in my signature)

playing devil's advocate here, do you have any gripes about the s340 elite?

15 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Honestly it doesn't matter :P

It's what you prefer. A case is apart from a few minor things a subjective decision.

I've done a build in an S340 and it wasn't awesome.

It's easy to damage the bracket next tot the motherboard when you put it in so it's required to be careful about that and the hole for the 8-pin cpu connector is tiny AF and a pain in the butt to connect. Apart from that it's fine

Don't have any experience with the P400s tho. But i personally would get the P400s because it looks better :P

I'm leaning towards the s340 elite because I don't necessarily need an led strip, but not quite sure since I've never seen a pc that bright in person

From personal experience, the P400S' airflow is pretty terrible, worse if you intend to stick a rad for the front intake

10 hours ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

playing devil's advocate here, do you have any gripes about the s340 elite?

There's a few actually. Mostly minor things, but to some people they matter

Top mounting is limited to a singular 120mm/140mm fan. There's plenty of room for a second, but NZXT didnt include it. The P400 does. 
Front only supports a 240/280mm RAD, and I'v seen issues with people mounting 140mm fans in pull and having them get in the way of the cable management bar, so they had to buy an adapter to use a 120mm fan.... The HDD bay doesnt slide forward, and theres no panel to open up to make it 360MM RAD compatible, which would be really nice.
The "window SSD" 's cables are a bit of a pain to route, unless I miss an intended path for them they just kinda go through the HDD trays or around the outside in between the filter and the bays. 
The aforementioned clasps that you were concerned about never seemed like they were going to break, but they weren't super secure and tended to pop out if you over filled the cables in them and didn't lay them mostly flat. This could just be a noob cable management issue for me personally, but something to note.
If nowhere else, it would have been nice to get two rubber grommets on the PSU shroud directly underneath the front I/O and USB motherboard connectors. They tend to show a lot of the wires and when you're going for a really clean look, as the guy who built it you tend to notice it (though I doubt many others did) 

All that being said, I've built in a $180 case from 2013 (My thermaltake Level 10GT) and had a MUCH better experience with this case. I have no problem recommending it to anyone, as everything I mentioned is fairly minor unless you're looking for a 360mm RAD

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 hours ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

I'm currently looking at Fractal Define C , got some thoughts on that? I could get the p400s tg cheaper than it though

It is good even though it is smaller than Define S i think. But still the good case in my opinion

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

15 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

It is good even though it is smaller than Define S i think. But still the good case in my opinion

The C is 3" (IIRC) shorter than the S (C for compact)

On 6/22/2017 at 7:16 PM, TVwazhere said:

There's a few actually. Mostly minor things, but to some people they matter

Top mounting is limited to a singular 120mm/140mm fan. There's plenty of room for a second, but NZXT didnt include it. The P400 does. 
Front only supports a 240/280mm RAD, and I'v seen issues with people mounting 140mm fans in pull and having them get in the way of the cable management bar, so they had to buy an adapter to use a 120mm fan.... The HDD bay doesnt slide forward, and theres no panel to open up to make it 360MM RAD compatible, which would be really nice.
The "window SSD" 's cables are a bit of a pain to route, unless I miss an intended path for them they just kinda go through the HDD trays or around the outside in between the filter and the bays. 
The aforementioned clasps that you were concerned about never seemed like they were going to break, but they weren't super secure and tended to pop out if you over filled the cables in them and didn't lay them mostly flat. This could just be a noob cable management issue for me personally, but something to note.
If nowhere else, it would have been nice to get two rubber grommets on the PSU shroud directly underneath the front I/O and USB motherboard connectors. They tend to show a lot of the wires and when you're going for a really clean look, as the guy who built it you tend to notice it (though I doubt many others did) 

All that being said, I've built in a $180 case from 2013 (My thermaltake Level 10GT) and had a MUCH better experience with this case. I have no problem recommending it to anyone, as everything I mentioned is fairly minor unless you're looking for a 360mm RAD

That's very in-depth dude, thank you so much for the input, another question, what fans should I use for the front intake for the s340 elite?

I'm not going to use any aio or radiator btw, most likely gonna cool the cpu with the stock ryzen cooler

2 hours ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

That's very in-depth dude, thank you so much for the input, another question, what fans should I use for the front intake for the s340 elite?

I'm not going to use any aio or radiator btw, most likely gonna cool the cpu with the stock ryzen cooler

Fractal Design Silent Series

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

10 hours ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

Use whichever fans you prefer. I used AF120's because I wanted decent blue LED fans, they're not the quietest fans but they provide decent airflow. I'd recommend 140's if you can though to get some additional airflow. You can definitely find quieter or better performing fans than these though.