PC Help pls

i have had this graphics card for a little over a few 5 months now, and just recently when i upgraded to the ryzen platform it simply does not work, running furmark and synthetic tests like it works fine but whenever i launch any game it stutters and the window goes invisible or just straight up crashes, not the case with CS-GO where the game stutters black-screens goes invisible and recovers again only to do it again whenever i input anything 

*Update* i just ran a stress test on the gpu and it was fine same with the cpu, but when i ran both at the same time the gpu usage went down to 0% and was not pulling more then 30w , could this be a psu issue?

System Info - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/C7Rs7h
MOBO asrock ab350gaming k4 
CPU Ryzen 5 1400 not oc
GPU sapphire nitro+ radeon rx480 4gb
RAM 8gb corsair vengence lpx (2x4gb kit 2400mhz running at 2133)
PSU Thermaltake Samrt se 530W semi-modular PSU

Thermaltake Smart PSUs are junk. I would look into replacing it.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

Tried using a different PCIe slot? Sounds stupid, but it could be the problem

Also, why's the RAM running at 2133 when it could be at 2400?

yes, the entire article was written after it was done

15 hours ago, LeinadTM said:

Also, why's the RAM running at 2133 when it could be at 2400?

ryzen is a bit silly with the ram i have set it to 2400 mhz but did a cmos clear after trying to go to 2666 and haven't gone back to 2400 (running at 2133 out of the box for some reason...)

15 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

How do you know how much power it was using? 

when under load my gpu was pulling 144 watts and when put under cpu load along with gpu load the gpu was only pulling 33 watts.. 

19 hours ago, Phentos said:

Thermaltake Smart PSUs are junk. I would look into replacing it.

i already tried a different evga psu and same issues

13 hours ago, Fynn.T said:

ryzen is a bit silly with the ram i have set it to 2400 mhz but did a cmos clear after trying to go to 2666 and haven't gone back to 2400 (running at 2133 out of the box for some reason...)

That should have been fixed with BIOS updates. 

13 hours ago, Fynn.T said:

when under load my gpu was pulling 144 watts and when put under cpu load along with gpu load the gpu was only pulling 33 watts.. 

But what are you measuring it with? 

As others have said, make sure your drivers are up to date. If they are, do a fresh install anyway. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

That should have been fixed with BIOS updates. 

But what are you measuring it with? 

As others have said, make sure your drivers are up to date. If they are, do a fresh install anyway. 

i have already reinstalled windows twice and re-downloaded the latest drivers and bios updates

*update* im using GPU-Z to monitor my graphic card

1 hour ago, Fynn.T said:

i have already reinstalled windows twice and re-downloaded the latest drivers and bios updates

*update* im using GPU-Z to monitor my graphic card

That doesn't answer my question about measuring the power usage. You can't do that with software. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That doesn't answer my question about measuring the power usage. You can't do that with software. 

im sorry i im not clear enough i dont have the tools to measure total power usage... the power usage i state is the power usage of the card on its own (monitored with GPU-Z) 

49 minutes ago, Fynn.T said:

im sorry i im not clear enough i dont have the tools to measure total power usage... the power usage i state is the power usage of the card on its own (monitored with GPU-Z) 

That's not how much is being drawn, it's the output. It's a common misconception, but Linus did a good video on it. 

What you're seeing is how close it is to the estimated manufacturer TDP. Which, as he points out, is often fudged.

I doubt this is related to the PSU though, since you tried it with another one. Did you use the GPU on your old build too? 

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's not how much is being drawn, it's the output. It's a common misconception, but Linus did a good video on it. 

What you're seeing is how close it is to the estimated manufacturer TDP. Which, as he points out, is often fudged.

I doubt this is related to the PSU though, since you tried it with another one. Did you use the GPU on your old build too? 

OK well GPU - Z has a gpu only power draw monitor and can actuality monitor gpu power draw the same way msi afterburner can and its not TDP .I do understand that TDP is not the amount of electricity being used and rather the thermal output.

I have been testing a bit more and whenever an game/ benchmark runs the gpu load goes to 100% and only can sustain itself for about 1-5 mins before freezing with the audio still playing and shortly after crashing

4 hours ago, Fynn.T said:

OK well GPU - Z has a gpu only power draw monitor and can actuality monitor gpu power draw the same way msi afterburner can and its not TDP .I do understand that TDP is not the amount of electricity being used and rather the thermal output.

Screenshot? And you ignored my question. I can't help you if I don't have information. 

20 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Screenshot? And you ignored my question. I can't help you if I don't have information. 

Yes i used the gpu in my old build too 

Old build specs 
CPU: FX6300

MOBO: asrock 970m pro4
RAM: Crucial balistix 2x 4GB 
PSU: EVGA 500w 80+

also i brought my computer down to a shop today and they said it was a driver issue and re-downloaded drivers and stress tested it in the shop without issue, i bring it home and it works for a short while and then does the same thing... im starting to think that it is a house power issue because my pc is plugged into a extension cord of which my air - con is also plugged into, am i draining to much power from one socket? 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

On 6/21/2017 at 5:25 PM, MrDrWho13 said:

Maybe it's a driver problem? Did you install Windows fresh when moving to Ryzen?

Yes have done so and re-installed drivers countless times

6 hours ago, Fynn.T said:

Yes i used the gpu in my old build too 

Old build specs 
CPU: FX6300

MOBO: asrock 970m pro4
RAM: Crucial balistix 2x 4GB 
PSU: EVGA 500w 80+

also i brought my computer down to a shop today and they said it was a driver issue and re-downloaded drivers and stress tested it in the shop without issue, i bring it home and it works for a short while and then does the same thing... im starting to think that it is a house power issue because my pc is plugged into a extension cord of which my air - con is also plugged into, am i draining to much power from one socket? 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I don't see anything about power consumption there.

If you were using an Intel chip, I'd think that the system was using the iGPU for games instead of your card, but Ryzen doesn't have one.

You shouldn't have your air conditioner plugged into a power strip.  That's a house fire waiting to happen.  Plug it directly into the wall.  See if the computer runs okay after that.

18 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I don't see anything about power consumption there.

If you were using an Intel chip, I'd think that the system was using the iGPU for games instead of your card, but Ryzen doesn't have one.

You shouldn't have your air conditioner plugged into a power strip.  That's a house fire waiting to happen.  Plug it directly into the wall.  See if the computer runs okay after that.

Ok well i have moved my Aircon do a direct power plug and brought my computer down to a shop and it was a ram issue, we used a different kit of ram in the shop and it was fixed, so being in the warranty period they replaced my ram with the same kit as before, a 2x4gb kit of 2400mhz corsair vengence LPX and i was on my way but once i brought it home the same things started happening again so i ran a software that the shop gave me (Burnintest) to test my pc, and still... ram issues

Capture3.PNG