Be Quiet SilentWing 3 140mm PWM 1000RPM for AIO cooling

StormEye

I am trying to reduce fan noise as much as possible and I have gotten a response in this forum that I should look into buying Be Quiet products.

I would like to know whether Be Quiet SilentWing 3 is suitable to be used as both case airflow fans and as radiator mounted fans.

Just trying to get confirmation before I commit to buying.

Be Quiet fans are very good but expensive.

Honestly i would get some noctua's, can't go wrong with them, expensive i know but it doesn't get better than that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Honestly i would get some noctua's, can't go wrong with them, expensive i know but it doesn't get better than that.

Which specific model would you suggest?

I just do not like their normal skin coloured boy and turd coloured rubber colour scheme. I know that the IPPC(?) category has blacks on them, but would those be any quiet? Heard those are relatively loud.

At the moment my priorities are Noise=Performance > Design/Colour >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Price.

Just now, StormEye said:

Which specific model would you suggest?

I just do not like their normal skin coloured boy and turd coloured rubber colour scheme. I know that the IPPC(?) category has blacks on them, but would those be any quiet? Heard those are relatively loud.

At the moment my priorities are Noise=Performance > Design/Colour >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Price.

Noctua does have industrial-grade ones (the black ones). Performance is basically the same but they are designed to run 24/7 in quite bad conditions, they even survive after being submerged in water. They are indeed louder because they can run at a higher RPM, if you match the RPM of the black ones with the RPM of a brown one, it's basically the same.

Noctua NF-F12's are quite good, Available in both normal poop and industrial black edition :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Noctua NF-F12's are quite good, Available in both normal poop and industrial black edition :P

I would need for them to be 140mm. And looking at the Noctua site, it seems that I either am getting turd colour or loud"er" fans.

As you have mentioned in the first reply,

19 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

If I am not concerned with price, would it be a good choice for a minimal noise build?

22 minutes ago, StormEye said:

I would need for them to be 140mm. And looking at the Noctua site, it seems that I either am getting turd colour or loud"er" fans.

As you have mentioned in the first reply,

If I am not concerned with price, would it be a good choice for a minimal noise build?

Yeah if price isn't an issue be quiet is a good option. The silent wings are imo the way to go then :P

13 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yeah if price isn't an issue be quiet is a good option. The silent wings are imo the way to go then :P

Thanks for the input

On 6/21/2017 at 0:26 AM, samcool55 said:

Noctua does have industrial-grade ones (the black ones). Performance is basically the same but they are designed to run 24/7 in quite bad conditions, they even survive after being submerged in water. They are indeed louder because they can run at a higher RPM, if you match the RPM of the black ones with the RPM of a brown one, it's basically the same.

No, they're not as quiet even at the same rpm. If you don't need the extra robustness, iPPC's aren't worth getting over normal noctuas.

SW3's are fine for rads if you don't need particularly high performance.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.