Oh no, what happened?

So I opened my laptop after not using it for awhile and this happened. Looks like water inside the LCD but how?? This laptop NEVER touched water.

20170620_231623.jpg

Specs: Intel Core i7 2600k | Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3 | EVGA 1080 FTW2 Gaming | Kingston HyperX Red 16GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair CX600 | 
Lian Li Lancool-II white

Laptop: ASUS ROG Zephyrus M15 (Intel i7, 16GB, RTX 2070) | 2013 MacBook Pro 15 (Intel i7, 16GB, GT750M)

pressure damage 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

No I don't use a humidifier. I used this laptop last week perfectly fine. The screen was dim but that was always normal for this laptop, every reviewer complianed. 

Do you think this is easily fixable by splitting apart the LCD and seeing what is going on. Off course this needs to be extremely careful done.

Specs: Intel Core i7 2600k | Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3 | EVGA 1080 FTW2 Gaming | Kingston HyperX Red 16GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair CX600 | 
Lian Li Lancool-II white

Laptop: ASUS ROG Zephyrus M15 (Intel i7, 16GB, RTX 2070) | 2013 MacBook Pro 15 (Intel i7, 16GB, GT750M)

Just now, sebastiansulb said:

Do you think this is easily fixable by splitting apart the LCD and seeing what is going on. Off course this needs to be extremely careful done.

Get a new panel for like 40 bucks.  Chances are it'll be an upgrade too :P

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Same problem happened to me three years ago.  Only solution is to replace the screen.  And it's a lot cheaper than buying a new laptop.

That really looks like fall damage or something/ were pressed on it, sometimes if you leave it open for a while it normally fixes itself but there are times where it is damaged beyond normal repair and needs to be changed. A new screen is normally almost as expensive as the laptop itself unless you have a valid warranty so if you do have a valid warranty i would RMA it just to be safe.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

UPDATE: 

It looks like it is disappearing. This is very weird stuff going on. I will try to run the monitor for a while to see what happens. 

20170620_234133.jpg

Lian Li Lancool-II white

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

That really looks like fall damage or something/ were pressed on it, sometimes if you leave it open for a while it normally fixes itself but there are times where it is damaged beyond normal repair and needs to be changed. A new screen is normally almost as expensive as the laptop itself unless you have a valid warranty so if you do have a valid warranty i would RMA it just to be safe. 

23 minutes ago, themctipers said:

pressure damage 

True, at first I thought it was pushed in or something. It really looks like there's water in there somehow. It looks almost like a 3D bubble. I swear this laptop never seen any water ever.

Lian Li Lancool-II white

True, at first I thought it was pushed in or something. It really looks like there's water in there somehow. It looks almost like a 3D bubble. I swear this laptop never seen any water ever.

LCD has fucked up

L stands for liquid

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Well to me it doesn't look like water but it does look like multiple things was say on the keyboard and then the screen was closed and then pressure was put on it, if it was water you would see it run unless it dried and shorted the liquid crystal but that would mean the PC would have to be on and then you would probably have a short of some kind.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

if you do have a valid warranty i would RMA it just to be safe.

I doubt I still have warranty. It is an Alienware 14 back from 2013. Plus I took it apart last year to do a clean up and reapply fresh thermal compound.

Lian Li Lancool-II white