Kraken x52 w/ Stock 7700k Super High Temps

I just finished building my new computer, and I went to run Aida64 when I noticed super high temperatures on my CPU. Idle, it bounces around anywhere from 28c-40c and while running Aida64, temps hit 90c. I reinstalled the Kraken x52 just to make sure it wasn't a bad install the first time around, but this fixed nothing. If you have any idea of what could be happening here, please leave some advise, thanks!temps.thumb.png.e32039b2281b821f83480ea2a9950dfb.png

intel used bird shit between the DIE and the IHS

so you will have to delid (VOIDS WARRANTY BE EXTRA CAREFUL) to get good temps at all.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Thats normal for non delided 7700k

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

intel used bird shit between the DIE and the IHS

so you will have to delid (VOIDS WARRANTY BE EXTRA CAREFUL) to get good temps at all.

Do you think returning it and getting a new 7700k could help?

Just now, sintax said:

no because the crap intel uses between the DIE (the CPU core itself) and the IHS (the metal part which you apply your thermal paste) is consistently shit. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, sintax said:

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

no because the crap intel uses between the DIE (the CPU core itself) and the IHS (the metal part which you apply your thermal paste) is consistently shit. 

Well, kinda.

it seems he got a very poorly applied CPU, and other 7700K owners haven't reported such high temps. maybe his temps would drop 10c if he RMA'ed the CPU.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Well, kinda.

it seems he got a very poorly applied CPU, and other 7700K owners haven't reported such high temps. maybe his temps would drop 10c if he RMA'ed the CPU.

intel, why you no solder it?

at least solder it on your HEDT/k series i5/i7 CPUs so overclockers don't bitch and OEMs don't bitch about micro fracturing or some shit like that.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

intel, why you no solder it?

at least solder it on your HEDT/k series i5/i7 CPUs so overclockers don't bitch and OEMs don't bitch about micro fracturing or some shit like that.

They want to save a few cents.

although micro fractures are a real thing, making it not a good idea to solder the consumer lineup.

dick move not soldering the X CPUs though.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

They want to save a few cents.

although micro fractures are a real thing, making it not a good idea to solder the consumer lineup.

dick move not soldering the X CPUs though.

they want to save a few cents, like the LGA platform

LGA 775 - shit we need more data pins

LGA 1156 - shit we need to save some money lower the amount of pins

LGA 1155 - holy fucking hell 0.03 cents spent on extra pins is a pain in the ass let us lower it

LGA 1150 - we made about 93 million dollars saving it, but thats a bit too much, lets add one more pin

LGA 1151 - this is pretty good, lets stick with this for 3 fucking years, maybe even more.

but really, i think they should be soldering it for all HEDT and k series i5/i7. People with a K series i5/i7 aren't usually people who keep their cpus for 10+ years, unlike people who buy regular i5/i7s. They overclock and want good temps. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Ok, So I just sent in a RMA Request, wish me luck, haha.

I mean there's so many variables...

You're hitting both the cpu and the gpu at the same time so the heat from the gpu could be affecting the cpu.

What case are you using? Fans? Fan speeds? Push/Pull/Both?You're using synthetic tests which usually don't reflect your average temps on gaming and such.

Also your average temps usually have to do a lot with your ambient temperature...

MORE INFO PLOX

1 minute ago, Lazaro said:

I mean there's so many variables...

You're hitting both the cpu and the gpu at the same time so the heat from the gpu could be affecting the cpu.

What case are you using? Fans? Fan speeds? Push/Pull/Both?You're using synthetic tests which usually don't reflect your average temps on gaming and such.

Also your average temps usually have to do a lot with your ambient temperature...

MORE INFO PLOX

Im running my AiO in a push config. 

Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ByjcLD

Im using the default fans that NZXT provides and their rpm is shown in the screenshot.

Unlikely to help, my 7700K was a super hot beast until I delidded. plenty of people on this forum and other places seem to have the same problem. Intel will probably tell you it's normal.

https://communities.intel.com/message/452589#452589

Those temps seem normal for a 7700k. 90 is normal to hit with a 7700kwhike stress testing. However, RMA'ing your CPU might help as they might give you a better chip. Also, default nzxt fans are trash. Get some static pressure fans for you rad.

EDIT: Oh, sorry thought you were talking about stock case fans. I don't know a whole lot about the Aer fans, but people say they're good.