LG 27MP68VQ-P vs LG 27MP68HM-P what is the difference?

Go to solution Solved by DocSwag,
7 minutes ago, Gamer199 said:

So vq supports freesync, but only over d-sub? Because both monitors support Freesync?

No it supports it only over display port, not d sub.

Basically the hm is the vq but you can also use freesync over hdmi. You can use freesync over DisplayPort on both.

Also, please quote me in the future or I might not see you replied! :) 

So just that you know I'm building my first PC specs are here(Maybe you can check this too if you think I should change some parts):
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Aero OC 8GB Nvidia
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix Z270G
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s
PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-EU CS Serie CS650M
SSD: Samsung MZ-N5E500BW 850 EVO SSD 500GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 4 TB
FAN: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 120
CASE: Corsair CC-9011085-WW Carbide Series
MONITOR-1: LG 27UD68P-B
MONITOR-2: LG 27MP68VQ-P or LG 27MP68HM-P

But the main problem is I want to have a setup with 2 monitors one with 4K the LG 27UD68P-B and one with the same specs(27", IPS, 60Hz, Color, Stand) just with another resolution, I have found 2 the LG 27MP68VQ-P and the LG 27MP68HM-P, but I can't find the difference, the LG 27MP68HM-P is between 20€ and 5£ more expensive. So the main goal is to find the Monitor which matches exactly the LG 27UD68P-B, if they both match I would like to now which is better. Maybe you can also link me to a site where you see the lg monitor name specifications. And maybe you can check my setup if everything would work together, the PC isn't build yet. THANK YOU

Link to the spec sheets of the monitors:

http://www.lg.com/global/business/monitor/monitor-products/lg-27MP68VQ-P
http://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitor/lg-27MP68HM-P

I also posted this Question on tomshardware:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3444877/27mp68vq-27mp68hm-difference.html

I think the only difference is the hm supports freesync over hdmi and the vq doesn't.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

So vq supports freesync, but only over d-sub? Because both monitors support Freesync?

7 minutes ago, Gamer199 said:

Basically the hm is the vq but you can also use freesync over hdmi. You can use freesync over DisplayPort on both.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

Thanks man you really helped me out, I have looked for it that for quiet a while. But if it is only about Freesync it doesn't matter, because I will buy a GTX, thank you very much.