Help

George_Bud

I have a 945gct-m2 v1.0 and I tried 2 cpus on it. It runs for about 2 second then it powers down. Can it be helped or anything ?

Considering the mobo is older than dirt, there could be several problems.  Is it clean?  Problems due to age can be enhanced if the mobo is dirty.  My next step would be to replace the CMOS battery.  Given the age of the mobo again, if the original battery is still on the mobo, then it's toast too.

How about the ram?  From the specs I found on the board, the mobo is only good for 1333 ECC ram.  What about the hard drive?  There is no SATA on the board so you must be using an old IDE drive.

Good Luck, you're going to need it.

3 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Considering the mobo is older than dirt, there could be several problems.  Is it clean?  Problems due to age can be enhanced if the mobo is dirty.  My next step would be to replace the CMOS battery.  Given the age of the mobo again, if the original battery is still on the mobo, then it's toast too.

How about the ram?  From the specs I found on the board, the mobo is only good for 1333 ECC ram.  What about the hard drive?  There is no SATA on the board so you must be using an old IDE drive.

Good Luck, you're going to need it.

Only good with 1333 ECC ? What ? Have you checked the correct mobo ?

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_SPEC.aspx?DetailID=810&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=24&LanID=0

I clean it. And removerd the cmos batery

Just now, fixitnow said:

Have you tried the PSU?

Yes. I tried 2 Psu's. One I know works and 1 that it came with. 

The only things I can suggest is try taking out an replacing ram. Reset CPUS and reset the cmos. Otherwise I would suspect a dead board. Sorry. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?