Streaming/Gaming PC

Hey guys! I have a 2800$ USD ~ budget to build the best gaming/streaming that I can afford.... unfortunately I don't know what to buy...

Would be great if you guys could give me some help with a list of items that I should purchase. Cheers!

(Also I'm not looking for the EXACT $$ amount.)

(Saving money is also good.)

Multiple responses would be very appreciated! <3

Two Questions:

Do you have a preferred color scheme?

Do you want peripherals as well (monitor, mice, keyboard, etc.)?

I have all peripherals and I don't really care about color schemes. PERFORMANCE is all I want. Also want my Comp to do well under the workload of streaming+gaming at the same time.

19 minutes ago, VicRik said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nh4cLD

This is what I wipped up in a few minutes, any questions let me know!

Are there any upgrades I could make to the list to improve it further?

Also why that GPU over others?

8 minutes ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

Are there any upgrades I could make to the list to improve it further?

Also why that GPU over others?

-You could go to 32GB of RAM if you want. Possibly more SSD's. With that PSU you could even go SLI in the future.

-The ASUS ROG GPU's are great cards. I only heard postive things about them. If you decide to go for some more RGB in your rig you could switch to an ASUS motherboard to make use of the AURA sync software.

EDIT: I assumed you were talking about the specific 1080ti I chose. If you were talking about why I went with the 1080ti, it is because it is a awesome preformer and has a way better price/perfomance than a titan card. 

5 minutes ago, VicRik said:

-You could go to 32GB of RAM if you want. Possibly more SSD's. With that PSU you could even go SLI in the future.

-The ASUS ROG GPU's are great cards. I only heard postive things about them. If you decide to go for some more RGB in your rig you could switch to an ASUS motherboard to make use of the AURA sync software.

EDIT: I assumed you were talking about the specific 1080ti I chose. If you were talking about why I went with the 1080ti, it is because it is a awesome preformer and has a way better price/perfomance than a titan card. 

Just ment the ASUS brand on the 1080ti. 

2 minutes ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

Just ment the ASUS brand on the 1080ti. 

Then like I said, Asus cards are great. Good overclocking, solid quality card nice cooling. Rarely hear anything bad about them.

Plus RGB for extra nerdpointz

1 minute ago, VicRik said:

Then like I said, Asus cards are great. Good overclocking, solid quality card nice cooling. Rarely hear anything bad about them.

Plus RGB for extra nerdpointz

I'm not really familiar with overclocking so should I just get the Overclocked ASUS one? https://www.amazon.com/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING-GeForce-DisplayPort-Overclocked-Graphics/dp/B06XXZBPHZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497993442&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+strix+gaming+1080ti

5 minutes ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

You could, they do have a slightly higher clock speed out of the factory. (Although even so called "overclocked" can be overclocked further)

Just now, VicRik said:

You could, they do have a slightly higher clock speed out of the factory. (Although even so called "overclocked" can be overclocked further)

Should I overclock the Ryzen 1800x as well? and If so, what is a safe area that i should go up to?

4 minutes ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

Should I overclock the Ryzen 1800x as well? and If so, what is a safe area that i should go up to?

I don't have personal experience overclocking the 1800x. This cooler is definitely up to the task. As far as I heard/read you can definitely expect to hit 4GHz. As far as whether you should overclock? Its pretty much free performance, so choice is up to you ;)

2 minutes ago, VicRik said:

I don't have personal experience overclocking the 1800x. This cooler is definitely up to the task. As far as I heard/read you can definitely expect to hit 4GHz. As far as whether you should overclock? Its pretty much free performance, so choice is up to you ;)

Could you possibly make more upgrades to the list and try hitting the 2.8k +/- ish mark? <3 thanks!

2 minutes ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

Could you possibly make more upgrades to the list and try hitting the 2.8k +/- ish mark? <3 thanks!

I will do so in the morning. (23:40 here in the Netherlands rn). Although I do have to add that the list I made here is plenty for streaming and gaming at the same time. But if you really do have the extra money to spent ill see what to do.

1 hour ago, VicRik said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nh4cLD

This is what I wipped up in a few minutes, any questions let me know!

Never the R7 1800X. The R7 1700 is way better value and should clock to near 1800X speeds.

19 minutes ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

Don't buy the 1800X. Go with the R7 1700 and overclock it. Saves you a nice bit of money.

3 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Don't buy the 1800X. Go with the R7 1700 and overclock it. Saves you a nice bit of money.

He seems not to be very knowledgeable regarding overclocking though (not saying it's hard) 1700 would indeed be good also

19 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

what build would you recommend with the budget of 2800$ +/-

Also, I don't really know much about Overclocking and stuff...

38 minutes ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

Also, I don't really know much about Overclocking and stuff...

For $2500 I would recommend running a two PC streaming setup. I tried the whole single PC streaming and it was a horrible experience for me.

EDIT: Here's essentially the build I'm using for my streaming PC, at $598 that leaves you about $1750 for your gaming PC after you factor in a decent capture card. I'm sure somebody here can spec out a killer gaming PC for $1750.

PCPartPicker - $598 Streaming PC

Edited by KuJoe
Added a PCPartPicker link for a great streaming PC.

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

what build would you recommend with the budget of 2800$ +/-

What monitor do you have ?

This would allow for a 2nd GTX 1080 ti. You can drop down to a B350 board and 550W if you don't need that.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($296.71 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AX370-GAMING 5 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($133.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($155.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card  ($699.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1881.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-20 19:52 EDT-0400

46 minutes ago, AylmaoXD588 said:

Btw why Ryzen cores over the i7 7700k?

The extra cpu cores/threads will help for streaming.

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

What monitor do you have ?

This would allow for a 2nd GTX 1080 ti. You can drop down to a B350 board and 550W if you don't need that.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($296.71 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AX370-GAMING 5 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($133.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($155.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card  ($699.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1881.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-20 19:52 EDT-0400

I have 2

ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI Gaming Monitor

Also, I don't think I'll need 2 1080tis because I'll be playing games such as LoL OW CSGO GW2 PUBG