TN Troubles?

Ben Miller

Hey Guys,

So I recently bought Ghost Recon Wildlands and was, therefore, playing it on my shitty (Very) 1080p TN panel/TV. I noticed even on the Ultra preset the trees looked absolutely appalling. So I went on my MacBook Pro (2560x1600 IPS) and watched a 1080p video of Ghost Recon Wildlands. The trees looked fantastic as I expected from such a new game. So I started to wonder is the quality of my 1080p panel just terrible, and if I upgraded to a higher quality TN 1080p MONITOR (An ASUS VG245H is what I was planning on getting) the trees would look like they did on my Mac. I also thought, being a higher resolution, YouTube would somehow upscale the 1080p video to match the resolution of my Mac and creating the tree quality I was after. But I though YouTube was meant to decrease the video quality from the original video for compression. Do I have an issue with trees, or is it something to do with the two resolutions? This may affect my purchase of my next monitor. 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Make sure the color range is set to full and not limited. And there are a ton of settings you can tweak on a TV. Like HDMI black level, contrast, dynamic contrast, etc.

Thanks I'll have a look. I believe you're overestimating the TV.

I've got:

Contrast

brightness

colour

sharpness

colour temp

Noise Reduction?

That's it

TN panels will not match the color reproduction of an IPS panel, the same as a 6-bit IPS panel cannot match the colors of a true 8-bit IPS panels.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

TN panels will not match the color reproduction of an IPS panel, the same as a 6-bit IPS panel cannot match the colors of a true 8-bit IPS panels.

Would that affect the overall texture quality in any way?

Just now, Ben Miller said:

Would that affect the overall texture quality in any way?

Not really.

How big is the screen you play on?

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Not really.

How big is the screen you play on?

21'