GTA suddenly causing 100% CPU

Just seems to be this week after the update, play for more than 30 seconds and locked 100%, system lags the hell for a bit then the game crashes, nothing has changed other than a fitting in the liquid loop as the O ring failed, temps are still the same in the high 50s

game setting are high at 4K on an overclocked 1070 and 16Gb 2666 ram

IMG_2766.JPG

GTA 5 is a very CPU intensive game, and it may be pusing you i5 to its limits there. May also bottlenecking as 4K+1070 and stuff

Edited by Red____14
Did not complete message

Aditya K. Arun / redscape photo and video.

Photography, Tech enthusiast.

500px.com/redscape_

Instagram: redscape_

8 minutes ago, Red____14 said:

GTA 5 is a very CPU intensive game, and it may be pusing you i5 to its limits there. May also bottlenecking as 4K+1070 and stuff

I'm not sure it is solely GTA, Been running this rig for 6 months in the confit and only since the latest GTA update have I had issues

5 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

I'm not sure it is solely GTA, Been running this rig for 6 months in the confit and only since the latest GTA update have I had issues

works fine on my machine....

have you tried windows updates, GPU drivers?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just now, DXMember said:

works fine on my machine....

have you tried windows updates, GPU drivers?

Did not think of windows updates actually, am up to date on the gpu

10 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

Did not think of windows updates actually, am up to date on the gpu

also up to date with windows, having the exact same issue in ghost recon now too, now sure whats happening but getting almost instant lock up

so after some tinkering, I got everything except gta back to normal, nothing I do seems to affect the cpu load, running in a window at lower setting, playing at low with everything except the basic setting turned off, all seems to have no effect.

I have spoke to intel, you have sent me diagnostic tests to run, which the cpu passes fine as it should, waiting for their guys to think of things, and get back to me, time differences slowing that down.

spoken to rockstar,  who's only response so far this week has been " this is caused by something running in the background, please turn off all other programs with a clean boot, and try again " no response to the fact that didn't help.

guessing this is here to stay until at least rockstar find a bug in the gun running patch and fix it, which could be a thing, something in the last update before this one made the game completely bug out my brothers pc so it crashed on load every time, game works fine now, on an fx4150... or I could replace my new £200 cpu with a £300 cpu that I would have bought off the bat had the whole " you only need a quad core for gaming " not been forced down everyones throat for years >:(

gonna try over clocking over the weekend see if that changes anything, custom loop and an ROG board should get somewhere at least...