GTX 470 causes blue screen on windows 7

I had to re-install windows 7 (he doesn't want to upgrade to 10) on a friends machine, the issue now is that after I installed the driver for his GTX 470 (i got the latest from nvidia's site) the system blue screened and now everytime it tries to boot windows it just keeps bluescreening. Ive tried clearing the CMOS and re-installing windows and other solutions I found on the Geforce forms but nothing seems to work. He dosent want to upgrade the GPU since it was working before I reinstalled windows and he dosent want to spend money on it, not even on a GTX 1050.

Most issues will be from missing or wrong motherboard drivers.

Get those in order first before installing the GPU ones

4 hours ago, Dujith said:

Most issues will be from missing or wrong motherboard drivers.

Get those in order first before installing the GPU ones

Unforchantely, installing the latest motherboard drivers did not solve the issue. From what I understand its has something to do with windows TDR not the GPU,

Another thing you can try is to try a lower driver version. I had this problem with installing a 4870 in windows 7 a while ago and fixed that by installing a much earlier-er version of catalyst. Same deal with a 430 nvidia. 

In the end i replaced all old cards with a 1050 GTX and no problems anymore :D but thats not an option for you so i saw :S

I believe 314.22 is the one you should get.