New CPU Cooler needed perhaps, recommendations?

Xiauj

Hey guys ^_^, so um, I recently did a PC Upgrade / Transfer which basically was me swapping out the Case/PSU/Case-Fan and now it works beautifully thank god!

The problem though, is that the same level of noise is still happening for some reason and I personally think that it's the CPU Cooler and not so much the GPU when compared to the CPU Stock Cooler when running a Steam Game and Chrome.

When I load up the PC via power button as usual and then load other programs like Google Chrome, Steam etc... that's when it begins to build up a bit of noise and so far I still think it's the CPU Cooler whilst I've been listening to it irl. So I might need a new one because the noise is getting a bit much.

My CPU is an AMD FX 8350, Mobo is an Asus M5A78L-m/USB-3 (mATX) (Blue) and my case is a new Phanteks P400S (Black), need to find a very nice but very quiet Air Cooler for the CPU (Not liquid).

I was thinking about something like a 212 Evo, Cryorig cooler or perhaps a Noctua cooler or perhaps a beQuiet! cooler because they look nice but also sound good according to some reviews online. Recommendations? Need it to be very quiet(er) and roughly £40-50 (GBP). Also, is it possible to change fans on a CPU-Cooler? Because some of Noctua's brown fans look cool but odd, aesthetically.

Thanks!

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

Cryorig H5/H7 or Be Quiet DR Advanced C1

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Be Quiet DR Advanced C1

Any chance of a link for this one?

Can't find it on PCPartPicker o.O

Looking on there currently

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Oh, not compatible according to PCPP :( RIP.

That's a shame, looks nice in Black. Any other quiet ones similar to that perhaps?

I did see the Dark Rock 3 on PCPP but is that really good in terms of quiet/low noise for £60?

I've heard one on a video before but it's hard to compare IRL > On a video ain't it? :S

Just now, Xiauj said:

Oh, not compatible according to PCPP :( RIP.

That's a shame, looks nice in Black. Any other quiet ones similar to that perhaps?

I did see the Dark Rock 3 on PCPP but is that really good in terms of quiet/low noise for £60?

I've heard one on a video before but it's hard to compare IRL > On a video ain't it? :S

DR3 is one of the quietest cooler out there, but that level of quiteness for 60 pounds isn't worth it imo

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Gqp323/cryorig-cpu-cooler-m9a

This is as good as a 212 Evo and only costs 24 pounds :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

DR3 is one of the quietest cooler out there, but that level of quiteness for 60 pounds isn't worth it imo

Ohhh, really? Hmm ok.

And yeah I agree about the 60 GBP Price mark, anything higher than that and it would have been water-cooling xD

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Gqp323/cryorig-cpu-cooler-m9a

This is as good as a 212 Evo and only costs 24 pounds :D

=o Interesting.

Any other good ones in that price range?

I don't suppose beQuiet! has any black ones in that price range do they? :S

It's a shame the first Dex linked doesn't fit :| 

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

What's your current cooler? 

AMD Stock Cooler which I can't wait to get rid off due to the noise! Jk lol

Gonna be first time installing an aftermarket one for first time soon

3 hours ago, Xiauj said:

AMD Stock Cooler which I can't wait to get rid off due to the noise! Jk lol

Gonna be first time installing an aftermarket one for first time soon

Usually the "go to" is the Hyper 212 Evo 

2 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

I don't suppose beQuiet! has any black ones in that price range do they? :S

Nope, they don't :(

2 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Any other good ones in that price range?

The Hyper T4? I would still get the Cryorig one tho...

1 minute ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Overrated

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

What's that like when compared to say a Noctua or beQuiet! cooler?

Was thinking either of those 2 but I dunno atm, anything that's nice and quiet and has a clean color scheme.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Nope, they don't :(

Damn! xD

What about Noctua's coolers in terms of noise? They pretty good?

Or even something like a H7? 

Though tbh, that one you linked also looks pretty good, kinda curious how it sounds IRL now lol :P

Not gonna lie but beQuiet! is still tempting me, aesthetically, their black ones look good.

Just now, Xiauj said:

What about Noctua's coolers in terms of noise? They pretty good?

The best, but Noctua is expensive.... 

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

Or even something like a H7? 

The H7 is better, but it's also larger

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

Though tbh, that one you linked also looks pretty good, kinda curious how it sounds IRL now lol :P

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/M9i/6.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/M9i/7.html

The M9i is the Intel version of the M9a :D

3 hours ago, Xiauj said:

What's that like when compared to say a Noctua or beQuiet! cooler?

Was thinking either of those 2 but I dunno atm, anything that's nice and quiet and has a clean color scheme.

No idea. I assume the Noctua cooler would have more of a premium mounting mechanism/construction. 

?

It's not that good. The Cryorig M9a can outperform it :D

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

3 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It's not that good. The Cryorig M9a can outperform it :D

Okay. The point of my statement was just that it's the "go to". I don't understand why you added that bit in there. 

Okay. The point of my statement was just that it's the "go to". I don't understand why you added that bit in there. 

I simply said that the 212 Evo is overrated, but nvm xD

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The best, but Noctua is expensive.... 

I don't mind as long as its close to 40-50 GBP and is very quiet :D

Just want it to remain nice and quiet(er) so that it hopefully keeps stuff nice and cool in the case etc..

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The H7 is better, but it's also larger

Not sure if you meant that as a bad or good thing :P

Do larger coolers not do as good? I thought they would but I have no clue lol

2 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

No idea. I assume the Noctua cooler would have more of a premium mounting mechanism/construction. 

Yeah same, I've heard good things about Noctua.

Alright, well, I might try out the Cryorig M9A that @PCGuy_5960 recommended, it's still a shame that it's not black (aesthetically) like beQuiet's coolers but that's alright I suppose. It's just that black would have looked nicer. Hopefully that destroys a majority of the noise xD I just gotta somehow get rid of the stock cooler which I regret buying lol. At least I think it's the CPU Cooler making the noise but we shall see. Thanks again PCGuy_5960 and @NCIX Lampy and @deXxterlab97 :D I appreciate the advice!

Also guys...., IF I wanted to, not saying I'm not going to xD But IF I wanted too....:

58 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

.....is it possible to change fans on a CPU-Cooler? Because some of Noctua's brown fans look cool but odd, aesthetically.

I'm kinda curious if like a different fan would also reduce the noise or if the M9A's fan is good enough.

Edited by Xiauj

Keep in mind if you're having issues with the noise, you can also turn down the fan speed. 

I ended up doing that for my Noctua cooler and I have my fans sitting at around 550 - 700 RPM

3 hours ago, Xiauj said:

Also guys...., IF I wanted to, not saying I'm not going to xD But IF I wanted too....:

The 212 Evo you definitely can. I saw Linus doing it on one of his live stream builds. 

Just now, Xiauj said:

xD I just gotta somehow get rid of the stock cooler which I regret buying lol.  @deXxterlab97 :D I appreciate the advice!

You bought a stock cooler??? lol /s

Keep in mind if you're having issues with the noise, you can also turn down the fan speed. 

How do I tell what my current dB noise level is and what the fan speed is?

In this upgrade/transfer, I plugged the fans into a controller on a case which plugs into the PSU