LG 24MP59G-P vs LG 23MP68VQ-P

RelyBedGrammer
30 minutes ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

I could get both of the monitors at the same price, which is a better pick?

here's some link

23MP68VQ-P 

24MP59G-P

The 24MP59G is specialized for gaming, and let me tell you that do you know there is actually 27MP59G? I am getting This one for $241 new.

and FYI LG model number contains this format : screen size + type (can be 4K, Ordinary TV, Ultra Wide) + grade number based on specs + if it ends with "G" that means it is gaming specialized - colour (p, white. B, black)  

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

49 minutes ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

24MP59G-P

uses 6bit+frc so not even real 8bit color debth though color gamut is claimed to be 99%+ of RGB. Both 75Hz and freesync
Still seems like the better option though I would look for actual reviews instead of spec page marketing bs

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

4 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

uses 6bit+frc so not even real 8bit color debth though color gamut is claimed to be 99%+ of RGB. Both 75Hz and freesync
Still seems like the better option though I would look for actual reviews instead of spec page marketing bs

So far from what I read, both of it sounds like a pretty solid monitor, I'd just like a little bit more opinion on it

5 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

The 24MP59G is specialized for gaming, and let me tell you that do you know there is actually 27MP59G? I am getting This one for $241 new.

and FYI LG model number contains this format : screen size + type (can be 4K, Ordinary TV, Ultra Wide) + grade number based on specs + if it ends with "G" that means it is gaming specialized - colour (p, white. B, black)  

Correct me if I'm wrong,

But doesn't that mean the 'vq' is better because it has 68 over 59 that the 'g' has?

1 hour ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong,

But doesn't that mean the 'vq' is better because it has 68 over 59 that the 'g' has?

The 68 will only work if it is compared to another "vq". I personally want to go for the bigger brother of that 24MP59G, 27MP59G new for $240

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol