Cablemod

Dreaper

What are the main differences in like modflex and modmesh and etc. for cable mod?

Ask @CableMod

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

ModFlex is basically Paracord, so it's quite a soft and flexible material but it is fairly prone to snagging on sharp objects, causing it to fray. ModMesh is more plastic-y, like MDPC's sleeving. It's more rigid than ModFlex and doesn't fray. 

Personally, I would go for ModFlex as it looks better IMO. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

ModFlex is basically Paracord, so it's quite a soft and flexible material but it is fairly prone to snagging on sharp objects, causing it to fray. ModMesh is more plastic-y, like MDPC's sleeving. It's more rigid than ModFlex and doesn't fray. 

Personally, I would go for ModFlex as it looks better IMO. 

Which one do you think lasts longer?

3 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

modmesh?  less fraying makes me think so

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Dreaper said:

ModMesh is more durable. The Paracord like ModFlex can snag on things and fray. The frayed bits can be trimmed or burnt off though. 

How often are you really going to be doing anything with the cables though? There's not really many situations where much strain would be put on the cables, so durability isn't something I'd worry about. 

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

modflex?  less fraying makes me think so

ModFlex is much more likely to fray than ModMesh. ModFlex is the Paracord type material and ModMesh is the plastic material. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

ModFlex is much more likely to fray than ModMesh. ModFlex is the Paracord type material and ModMesh is the plastic material. 

Typo lol

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

@Dreaper basically what @Oshino Shinobu had listed - ModMesh is also UV reactive and slightly thicker compared to our ModFlex sleeving option, and also offers more vibrant colors.

I've attached an image of our ModMesh (left) and ModFlex (right) in black and red for comparisons for you.

ModMeshVSModFlex.jpg

Just now, CableMod said:

@Dreaper basically what @Oshino Shinobu had listed - ModMesh is also UV reactive and slightly thicker compared to our ModFlex sleeving option, and also offers more vibrant colors.

I've attached an image of our ModMesh (left) and ModFlex (right) in black and red for comparisons for you.

ModMeshVSModFlex.jpg

Thanks decided to go with white mod flex :)

My Blue build uses modmesh. It's a bit more expensive and is harder to bend, but looks better overall. It's worth it IMO

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

My Blue build uses modmesh. It's a bit more expensive and is harder to bend, but looks better overall. It's worth it IMO

How hard is it to bend?

13 hours ago, Dreaper said:

How hard is it to bend?

It's not super hard. For me the hardest part was the 24 pin cable because it almost had to make an S shape in the S340 case. It was definitely manageable though and its not as if it was stiff, it's just more difficult to make really tight bends like that. This was also my first experience with sleeved cables of any kind and I am 100% satisfied with the end result.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25