PayPal Account with access limited.

Lord_Zeuz

I made an account sent some money to my brother, and got taken down.

All transfers were less than 50$

We were " testing " to later exchange a little bigger amounts

They didn't even put the reason for why my account had been limited

gtaiv in-game error.JPG

8 minutes ago, Lord_Zeuz said:

I made an account sent some money to my brother, and got taken down.

All transfers were less than 50$

We were " testing " to later exchange a little bigger amounts

They didn't even put the reason for why my account had been limited

Good luck getting it unlocked. It won't happen. Paypal is a garbage company because of this. My account, along with my uncles, cousins, and brothers were all limited. Reason being that my brother did something with his. Me, my cousin and brother all have the same first and last name (dont ask why), and since my bro was in the same house with me, and I sent me cousin money every month (he lived somewhere else), all our accounts got limited as well because Paypal associated all of them with my brothers original account. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I think you missed the bit below that as they did it probably because the test transfers raised some flags at paypal relating to possible fraud or criminal activity and they need verification that it wasn't the case.

20 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

Good luck getting it unlocked. It won't happen. Paypal is a garbage company because of this. My account, along with my uncles, cousins, and brothers were all limited. Reason being that my brother did something with his. Me, my cousin and brother all have the same first and last name (dont ask why), and since my bro was in the same house with me, and I sent me cousin money every month (he lived somewhere else), all our accounts got limited as well because Paypal associated all of them with my brothers original account. 

I had a large amount of money locked for years because my birthday is legit Jan 1st, they thought I left that field default despite talking to multiple people over years and providing multiple forms of ID. They've gotten better in recent years, but still can happen

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

One of the things I love the most is pony art.

When I got my current job with an awesome paying salary I decided I would commission a lot of artists for pony art in deviantart.

Every one at deviantart only receives through paypal.

Been 4 months already, I still did not manage to add credits to my paypal account to pay any one, only few artists I managed to commission were brazilians as well who accepted bank deposit instead.

moral of the story: paypal is a fucking garbage that gets between my joy, I wish people would use Western Union instead.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

52 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

Me, my cousin and brother all have the same first and last name

Damn the shit you can do, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, yathis said:

Damn the shit you can do, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As all three of us grow up to our 20's - 30's, we are now realizing all the stuff we can help each other out with. Chase Bank called me instead of my brother to talk about his business loan, where I had no association with my brothers ventures, only because we both use the same bank, and they thought I was actually him. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

2 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

As all three of us grow up to our 20's - 30's, we are now realizing all the stuff we can help each other out with. Chase Bank called me instead of my brother to talk about his business loan, where I had no association with my brothers ventures, only because we both use the same bank, and they thought I was actually him. 

One loses driving priveledges and license, BAM problem solved :)

Until the cops roll up on ya, say hi to 10 squad car backup guns drawn + helicopter.

Fun Times!!!!! I've been there, done that, got the T-Shirt

52 minutes ago, yathis said:

One loses driving priveledges and license, BAM problem solved :)

Until the cops roll up on ya, say hi to 10 squad car backup guns drawn + helicopter.

Fun Times!!!!! I've been there, done that, got the T-Shirt

story time? 

11 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

One of the things I love the most is pony art.

When I got my current job with an awesome paying salary I decided I would commission a lot of artists for pony art in deviantart.

Every one at deviantart only receives through paypal.

Been 4 months already, I still did not manage to add credits to my paypal account to pay any one, only few artists I managed to commission were brazilians as well who accepted bank deposit instead.

moral of the story: paypal is a fucking garbage that gets between my joy, I wish people would use Western Union instead.

The problem with western union is there are ZERO consumer protections built in. PayPal at least tries to protect both buyers and sellers. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

The problem with western union is there are ZERO consumer protections built in. PayPal at least tries to protect both buyers and sellers. 

Yes but by doing so they add so many restrictions that people like me get the utmost difficulty to use their service :/

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

44 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Yes but by doing so they add so many restrictions that people like me get the utmost difficulty to use their service :/

It's a trade off, for sure. But I would personally never ever trust something like western union for random online purchases. 

Each person has their own level of acceptable risk though. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

PayPal is a mess, but you may get it unlocked.

I got a PayPal account locked twice. Or maybe it was once, and another time someone else's account and I helped them. Either way, in my case the reason was never clear, they eventually unlocked it after a few days, and in one case there was a sort of catch-22 involving cell-phone authentication required to change your no longer in use cell phone number :P 

I have very little trust on PayPal. I mean, I don't distrust them in the way I would distrust Western Union-based transactions or similar for online payments. But I don't trust it to be at my disposal whenever I want to make a payment, so there has to be a back-up plan. That's also why I use it linked to cards or bank accounts, but never hold any funds on it.

But as long as it works, I prefer to use it (unless the seller charges an additional fee for it), especially on eBay.

I also remember in 2011 I bought Minecraft barely knowing what it was, just to support them after PayPal froze there funds for no apparent reason - I literally heard about Minecraft for the first time when a friend linked an article about their trouble with PayPal :P