Audio stops for a second and then starts again

I have built a computer recently, installed Windows 10 Pro and all necessary drivers. Every once in a while, like every hour or half an hour, all sounds that are playing stop for a second including sounds from games, videos, Spotify and Skype. I am using back panel out with 2.1 speakers but I have tried front panel and different speakers/headphones as well. I have Gigabyte H270-HD3 motherboard, i7 7700 CPU, and 2x8 GB RAM. Windows is installed in SSD (no RAID). Realtek High Definition Audio is chosen. All drivers and Windows are updated. I have disabled enchancement and Nvidia output devices. There's no related log on Event Viewer. I have tried different drivers downloaded from Gigabyte's and Realtek's websites manually. I've even tried using speakers without installing the drivers, but no luck. There is no other audio-related problem. I have scanned my PC for virus and malwares. There is no fix that works I could find on Internet. Can you please help?

update bios

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

It won't be the bios.

It's probably the drivers, but as you've already made sure they're updated it might be worth trying a previous version.

If it wasn't happening system wide I might've thought it was a single piece of software.

You are on a very new chipset, so there will be issues. Might be worth contacting gigabyte support.

try without skype and see if it helps. like skype completely so the process is not there.

11 hours ago, themctipers said:

update bios

Updated bios and all drivers. By the way, there is a blinking underscore before Windows logo shows after the bios update. It delays the startup for a few seconds, which is annoying. How do you think I can disable that? Checked boot options, SSD seems to be the first option.

10 hours ago, Tia said:

try without skype and see if it helps. like skype completely so the process is not there.

Skype didn't seem to be the problem since i had the problem before installing Skype as well.

10 hours ago, anothertom said:

It's probably the drivers, but as you've already made sure they're updated it might be worth trying a previous version.

I thought the problem was software-related as well since there is no other audio problems. Something should be triggering it but what could it be. Now I clean installed a different Windows. I will give it a try tonight. Might try installing previous versions of drivers but don't know what to choose. I will contact Gigabyte support as well.

Thanks for all replies.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Contacted Gigabyte online support, and they told me to contact the supplier. Brought mobo back to the store and sent it to technical service. The service fixed the mobo's bent CPU pin (only one pin) which I believe I bent while removing the CPU. The service sent the mobo saying that the audio works fine. It doesn't, however. Audio stops for a few seconds every hour/half an hour. Gigabyte recently released new BIOS update (F6) that fixes some hyperthreading bugs. Installing it didn't solve my problem either. I'm planning to send both my motherboard and my CPU this time after seeing if using HDMI out GPU fixes the problem or not.

• 2 years later...

Hello, I might have the solution for this problem! Couple of days ago I upgraded my setup, reinstalled windows and i thought OK OK now's the time to test what my rig can do! Turned on Rust, after some time i lost audio for a second and it started to repeat every 30 min or so. it was annoying, so i had to fix it. I searched for a while to find the fix for this problem, but when I DISABLED EVERY OTHER AUDIO DEVICE ( Even the invisible ones) except the one that the audio was coming from, the problem stopped, and it works properly now.

Yes, i know that this post is 3 years old, but I hope it helps others who have the same problem.