How useful is third party videocard software?

atavax

So i ordered a new videocard and its arriving tomorrow and its a founders edition from Asus (plan on eventually switching to a mini itx case) and I'm just curious if i should be using the cd that comes with the card or if i should look at Asus's site for more up to date software or like, would another third party have software that work's with Asus's Founders edition? Are there any compatibility issues i should be concerned with? Finally, is it really going to let me do more with my card than the default nvidia drivers?

I don't like the software for my 1080 Strix, I recommend using MSI Afterburner

CPU: Intel Core I7 7700K & Corsair H100i v2
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 32 Gigs @ 3000Mhz, Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 A8G
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Case: Fractal Design Define S

Download the drivers from Nvidia and throw the CD in the bin where it belongs :D

There's more up-to-date versions available on the internet so no reason to bother with the CD.

The extra software is usually crap, imo the asus software is one of the worst.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

for asus specificly.. i use AItweaker, it's a broken piece of shit, and the main reason i recommend people to stay the flip away from on-board RGB controllers (and i've seen a few people around the forum struggle with said RGB controller software)

if its not needed to have your system run, dont use it at all.

Just now, samcool55 said:

and throw the CD in the bin where it belongs :D

keep a corner of your shelf free for these CD's, you'd be surprised, but they actually can come in handy at some point, strangely enough.

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

keep a corner of your shelf free for these CD's, you'd be surprised, but they actually can come in handy at some point, strangely enough.

not if you dont own a CD drive lol

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Just now, mok said:

not if you dont own a CD drive lol

last time i used one off my stack was to help a family member with a bricked windows install. you should have seen their faces when i walked in with a PILE of disks and just pulled out the exact one i needed to restore some medion shitbox to working conditon in an hour or so xD