Headache and eyestrain when I use my HD7870 and Dell Monitor.

It might be strange, but I've got an issue that drives me mad.
I'm using this DELL monitor connected via HDMI with HD7870. I always have eye strain and headache when I'm sitting to my pc while working or gaming. If I try to connect the Monitor with my motherbord via HDMI (I've got an i5-3570k Intel Graphics HD4000 on an AS Rock Z77 Extreme 4) all my problems fade away.
I changed monitor 4 months ago because I thought it was an issue with my old monitor (IPS Asus generic monitor) but I still have the same symptomps.

I tried to set different color scheme on Windows 10, reinstalled CCC (VGA Amd Drivers), nothing changed.

Could it be a VGA issue?

Do AMD graphics card have a different font rendering compared to Intel Graphics or nVidia?

How can I improve?

Should I change my VGA?

Thank you so much for every answer.

Have you tried reducing the brightness a bit and enabling night mode in Win10 (it lowers the blue light output, looks a bit weird at first, but your eyes will adjust in a few minutes). I've got the same problem at work, so I feel your pain. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Sounds like it's the GPU. Try a different VGA cable, and if the problem stays, it's definitely the GPU. Try what Zando Bob suggested, but while you're at it, look around Catalyst Control Centre for display settings and see if there's something similar to what he suggested in there too.

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Have you tried reducing the brightness a bit and enabling night mode in Win10 (it lowers the blue light output, looks a bit weird at first, but your eyes will adjust in a few minutes). I've got the same problem at work, so I feel your pain. 

I tried to lower the brightness, even calibate my monitor with lagom.nl, nothings seems to work to relief my eyes' pain.
I have been using f.lux for 2 years, I don't think it's a blue-blue light related thing.

What VGA are you using on your computer at work? If it's using an AMD VGA , videocard could be the problem.

p.s Also, I don't think is something driver related, because I have experienced this issue for at least 2 years.

2 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

Sounds like it's the GPU. Try a different VGA cable, and if the problem stays, it's definitely the GPU. Try what Zando Bob suggested, but while you're at it, look around Catalyst Control Centre for display settings and see if there's something similar to what he suggested in there too.

Yeah, I think so.
Should I try to sell my VGA and buy another one? I dont play games anymore so I don't need something videogaming related.

Wait, let me get this right. You are looking at a monitor and you get eye strain and headache, what does that have to do with your gpu?

The most the gpu would do is give your monitor more FPS, that's it. I say its likely the increase in FPS or lack of that's causing your problems.

8 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Wait, let me get this right. You are looking at a monitor and you get eye strain and headache, what does that have to do with your gpu?

The most the gpu would do is give your monitor more FPS, that's it. I say its likely the increase in FPS or lack of that's causing your problems.

lack of fps in windows? he doesnt play games so low FPS isnt the issue (probably)

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

9 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

I have the problem even while I study or watch some movies. So it's not only fps in game related.

Could it be Pixel format related? I'm setting it on RGB full instead of YCbCr4:4:4

Nothing to do. I still have terrible headache if I use my VGA, even if I tweak all the settings.
Health is important, so I'm going to sell it and buy another one. I want to know if there' s a good cheap VGA for light usage.

refresh rate doesn't apply only to games, it happens even when you are just on desktop screen: internet browsing, watching movie, even moving your mouse, everything.....

12 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

The GPU is also driving the display, and has control over how it looks.