program start up files

slash and burn

hi i want a program to start on start up and this was what it siad 

I heard about some people having problems running the script directly at startup for example via shortcut in the startup folder. One solution to this is using a batch-script (.bat) with the following contents and executing it at startup:

cd /D "C:\Full\Path\To\Script\PoE-TradeMacro" start Run_TradeMacro.ahk

i want to try and understand and do what ever this is 

ps if this is not the right category say what is the right one. and  

you don't have to use batch you can just create a windows shortcut in the start up folder a d it will work just the same. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

22 hours ago, slash and burn said:

hi i want a program to start on start up and this was what it siad 

I heard about some people having problems running the script directly at startup for example via shortcut in the startup folder. One solution to this is using a batch-script (.bat) with the following contents and executing it at startup:

cd /D "C:\Full\Path\To\Script\PoE-TradeMacro" start Run_TradeMacro.ahk

i want to try and understand and do what ever this is 

ps if this is not the right category say what is the right one. and  

considering you already have the batch file in your startup folder in windows, where is this file Run_TradeMacro.ahk located? your downloads folder? desktop? somewhere else? you need to put that location to this command
"cd /D "C:\Full\Path\To\Script\PoE-TradeMacro" start Run_TradeMacro.ahk". check the properties of that file and just copy paste the path in 'location'. 'cd' at the start means 'change directory', it changes to the path you specified and looks for that 'Run_TradeMacro.ahk' file and starts it. 

1 hour ago, vaiwalker said:

considering you already have the batch file in your startup folder in windows, where is this file Run_TradeMacro.ahk located? your downloads folder? desktop? somewhere else? you need to put that location to this command
"cd /D "C:\Full\Path\To\Script\PoE-TradeMacro" start Run_TradeMacro.ahk". check the properties of that file and just copy paste the path in 'location'. 'cd' at the start means 'change directory', it changes to the path you specified and looks for that 'Run_TradeMacro.ahk' file and starts it. 

i dont think that i have the batch file but how do i find out. and i dont know how to do that last part

1 minute ago, slash and burn said:

i dont think that i have the batch file but how do i find out. and i dont know how to do that last part

you're supposed to make the batch file yourself. just open up notepad and copy paste this "cd /D "C:\Full\Path\To\Script\PoE-TradeMacro" start Run_TradeMacro.ahk" without the quotes, and save the file in your start menu folder with whatever name, BUT you gotta change the extension from .txt to .bat. AND you have to change the path in 

"cd /D "C:\Full\Path\To\Script\PoE-TradeMacro" start Run_TradeMacro.ahk" - to the path where your Run_TradeMacro.ahk file is located.