Cooling R7 1700 w/ Wraith Spire, or other cooler in Ncase M1

LaboonTheWhale

Hey guys

So I'm planning to move my build into a Ncase M1 and was debating on which cooler to grab. I did some googling and some have said the *best* aircooler that can fit an Ncase is the Noctua C14, but it seems those guys are discontinued and the C14s is actually a little too tall and woul dhave to use a slim fan. 

I'm not familiar with how the wraith spire performs but if it is a better route to go with an aftermarket cooler then I may consider it. 

Budget ~$100 

the stock cooler should be more that enough for keeping the 1700 cool

you can try the stock cooler and see how it goes

prob just try different fan curve and see the balance between noise and cooling

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Cryorig C7 maybe? Or Silverstone AR06?

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

I have my Ryzen 1700 in a HTPC case with the stock HSF and it's been good for me so far. Temps are pretty good even when I have all of the cores maxed out for a 5+ hour stream (around 50c). The cooler has maybe an inch or an inch and a half between the fan and the top of the case and it's doing fine.

To give you an idea, right now I've had both my gaming PC (Ryzen 1500X) and my streaming PC (Ryzen 1700) running roughly at idle with 1 VM running on each for the past 3 hours and 46 minutes. The 1500X with the Corsair H80i GT is sitting at 28c while the 1700 with the stock HSF is sitting just below 33c which isn't bad.

-KuJoe

19 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Hey guys

So I'm planning to move my build into a Ncase M1 and was debating on which cooler to grab. I did some googling and some have said the *best* aircooler that can fit an Ncase is the Noctua C14, but it seems those guys are discontinued and the C14s is actually a little too tall and woul dhave to use a slim fan. 

I'm not familiar with how the wraith spire performs but if it is a better route to go with an aftermarket cooler then I may consider it. 

Budget ~$100 

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-L9x65-SE-AM4-premium-grade-low-profile/dp/B01N27QWFA/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1497842240&sr=1-4&keywords=noctua+AM4

Maybe this one will work?

39 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Dude the spire is awesome.  3.6Ghz OC, max temp load on P95 maxes out at 75c

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

42 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Hey guys

Budget ~$100 

Cryorig C7 is probably the best option.... but the stock cooler should be fine as the reviews on it says. And its got RGB if that's your thing