Is this a good PSU for this PC

xarok

Hello LTT members. 

I have a pc with these specs

I5 4460

8gb ram

Gigabyte RX470 G1 8Gb

240 SSD + 1Tb HDD

And a crappy psu. But I want to change it for a good one . so Ive been looking and I found this Zalman ZM600-TX which is 80+ certified and for a good price . But Im not sure if it gonna be that or should I look for something else also I will appreciate your recommendations 

Thanks im advance

I wouldn't really recommend that since I can't find much about it.

Can you find any Corsair CSMs, CXMs or Seasonic M12IIs?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

8 minutes ago, xarok said:

Hello LTT members. 

I have a pc with these specs

I5 4460

8gb ram

Gigabyte RX470 G1 8Gb

240 SSD + 1Tb HDD

And a crappy psu. But I want to change it for a good one . so Ive been looking and I found this Zalman ZM600-TX which is 80+ certified and for a good price . But Im not sure if it gonna be that or should I look for something else also I will appreciate your recommendations 

Thanks im advance

Click See more at the bottom of my post and click My Recommended PSU.

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

4 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

Price range?

Less then 80$.

3 minutes ago, xarok said:

Less then 80$.

This one

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, xarok said:

Less then 80$.

You're from the US?

A good budget option is the Corsair CX450M for $49.99 or $29.99 after MIR: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139146

A fully modular budget option would be the EVGA Supernova 450w B3 for ~$55: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N85ND3048

A higher quality fully modular option would be the Bitfenix Whisper 450 M for $76: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817376008

5 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

I wouldn't really recommend that since I can't find much about it.

Can you find any Corsair CSMs, CXMs or Seasonic M12IIs?

The only review that I found about it says that its just good. and for CS and CX are available but expensive where I live. But if I have I will pay extra money. Also I found this NOX Hummer 650W 80+ Bronze.... What do u think about it ?

1 minute ago, quan289 said:

You're from the US?

A good budget option is the Corsair CX450M for $49.99 or $29.99 after MIR: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139146

A fully modular budget option would be the EVGA Supernova 450w B3 for ~$55: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N85ND3048

A higher quality fully modular option would be the Bitfenix Whisper 450 M for $76: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817376008

Why fully modular when the builder do not know which is important to plug?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, xarok said:

The only review that I found about it says that its just good. and for CS and CX are available but expensive where I live. But if I have I will pay extra money. Also I found this NOX Hummer 650W 80+ Bronze.... What do u think about it ?

Never heard of that PSU, is it modular?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Never heard of that PSU, is it modular?

No. But these it a modular 750w version. And I dont aim for a modular one

The EVGA Supernova 550w G2 would fit in your budget as well. https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-220-G2-0550-Y1/dp/B0106RDI3W

7 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Why fully modular when the builder do not know which is important to plug?

Why are you assuming that he doesn't know what is important to plug? He would need to figure out what he needs when he build it anyways. Most semi-modular PSU nowadays will have the 24-pin and 4+4 pin EPS12V / ATX12V connector fixed, so he still needs to figure out the other connectors for the Seasonic G as well, as that's semi modular. There's also the benefit of troubleshooting with a fully modular unit if you have a spare PSU with compatible connectors, as Idon't have to unplugged the fixed cables and undo my cable management.

Why is your only recommended PSU is the Seasonic G, when there's a large variety of options that he can go for? Since I don't know his criteria, I gave him variety that he can choose based on his needs / wants.

10 minutes ago, xarok said:

expensive where I live.

this is why I had asked you if you are from the US, but since you are looking at a NOX PSU, you're from the EU? Can you provide any links to stores you can buy from, so we know what's available to you for what price?

20 minutes ago, xarok said:

What review? Pretty much everyone on forums says stay away from it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

6 hours ago, quan289 said:

The EVGA Supernova 550w G2 would fit in your budget as well. https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-220-G2-0550-Y1/dp/B0106RDI3W

Why are you assuming that he doesn't know what is important to plug? He would need to figure out what he needs when he build it anyways. Most semi-modular PSU nowadays will have the 24-pin and 4+4 pin EPS12V / ATX12V connector fixed, so he still needs to figure out the other connectors for the Seasonic G as well, as that's semi modular. There's also the benefit of troubleshooting with a fully modular unit if you have a spare PSU with compatible connectors, as Idon't have to unplugged the fixed cables and undo my cable management.

Why is your only recommended PSU is the Seasonic G, when there's a large variety of options that he can go for? Since I don't know his criteria, I gave him variety that he can choose based on his needs / wants.

I am not assuming he does not know which are important, it is just my personal opinion

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

20 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

I am not assuming he does not know which are important, it is just my personal opinion

For your post to have any relevance to my post, your "opinion" had to be based on some form of assumption when you made a statement regarding "when the builder do not know" right after questioning my recommendation of two fully modular units for the OP. Unless you'd forgot that you was helping the OP in the two minutes after providing a recommendation yourself, it would make sense that "the builder" you was referring to the OP.

Either way, if they were to be an inexperience builder to the point of not knowing what is important, they would be in the same situation with a fixed, semi, or fully modular PSU. Because of that, they will have to learn. Thankfully, a lot of companies label / color coded the modular interface and the modular cable, so it's a matter of matching them up.

8 minutes ago, quan289 said:

For your post to have any relevance to my post, your "opinion" had to be based on some form of assumption when you made a statement regarding "when the builder do not know" right after questioning my recommendation of two fully modular units for the OP. Unless you'd forgot that you was helping the OP in the two minutes after providing a recommendation yourself, it would make sense that "the builder" you was referring to the OP.

Either way, if they were to be an inexperience builder to the point of not knowing what is important, they would be in the same situation with a fixed, semi, or fully modular PSU. Because of that, they will have to learn. Thankfully, a lot of companies label / color coded the modular interface and the modular cable, so it's a matter of matching them up.

Sorry about the builder thing, what i meant is new builder. In general meaning not exactly pointing to the original poster. I do not know if the builder is experienced or new

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

12 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Sorry about the builder thing, what i meant is new builder. In general meaning not exactly pointing to the original poster. I do not know if the builder is experienced or new

Im not new. And yes I know how the plug a modular psu. I did not make this post because I dont know what to do. I just wanted your opinions. And btw I will go for cx550m 

3 minutes ago, xarok said:

Im not new. And yes I know how the plug a modular psu. I did not make this post because I dont know what to do. I just wanted your opinions. And btw I will go for cx550m 

The corsair CX550M (gray label) is a good PSU!

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

24 minutes ago, GrayTech said:

The corsair CX550M (gray label) is a good PSU!

And someone is going @GrayTech (bad pun intended)

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

41 minutes ago, xarok said:

I did not blame you as a newbie, sorry if i hurt your feelings

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :