GTX 1080ti

MorganO
Just now, Nickathom said:

and a 1080ti can go up to 2050. i take back what i said before, but im sure there are quite a few that do beat titans. 

dont forget the titan xp can overclock well too. To add more to the insult i game at 1080p 60 fps :P 

For new commenters

PRICE IS THE SAME REGARDLESS OF THE MODEL.

ITS A ROULETTE OF WHICH CARD I'LL GET.

There are 5 STORES WITH 8 AVAILABLE 1080TIs.

IT WILL COST ME £13 IN TRAVEL COSTS TO VISIT EACH STORE AND FIND OUT WHICH ONES ARE BEING SOLD.

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

3 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

For new commenters

PRICE IS THE SAME REGARDLESS OF THE MODEL.

ITS A ROULETTE OF WHICH CARD I'LL GET.

There are 5 STORES WITH 8 AVAILABLE 1080TIs.

IT WILL COST ME £13 IN TRAVEL COSTS TO VISIT EACH STORE AND FIND OUT WHICH ONES ARE BEING SOLD.

What is the nearest option?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

If all of them are the same price and all of them are the same distance, if you know the brand or design they have that helps.

Heres how you can compare them. If they have 2x8pin that gives you more power if you overclock. Check the weight too, the heavier the card the better (more heatsink metal means it can withstand more heat). Dual or tripple larger fans are better than the reference design. A good fan cooler can be almost as effective as liquid cooling with the exception of special liquids.

My personal recommendation

Get the card that:

1: Suits your budget best (ALL 1080Ti's(even FE's with a custom fan curve, can be loud though) will boost to somewhere around 2ghz with overclocking and perform very similarly)

2: Suits your build's design and color scheme

3: That you like the best

I personally bought a USED 1080Ti FE, i have owned mostly FE's in the past few years due to owning an EVGA Hybrid cooler that I simply swap from one card to the next and gives Excellent temperatures, quiet performance and good overclocking.

Good luck and enjoy it!

16 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

What is the nearest option?

all are within london

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

14 hours ago, Maxxtraxx said:

My personal recommendation

Get the card that:

1: Suits your budget best (ALL 1080Ti's(even FE's with a custom fan curve, can be loud though) will boost to somewhere around 2ghz with overclocking and perform very similarly)

2: Suits your build's design and color scheme

3: That you like the best

I personally bought a USED 1080Ti FE, i have owned mostly FE's in the past few years due to owning an EVGA Hybrid cooler that I simply swap from one card to the next and gives Excellent temperatures, quiet performance and good overclocking.

Good luck and enjoy it!

15 hours ago, System Error Message said:

If all of them are the same price and all of them are the same distance, if you know the brand or design they have that helps.

Heres how you can compare them. If they have 2x8pin that gives you more power if you overclock. Check the weight too, the heavier the card the better (more heatsink metal means it can withstand more heat). Dual or tripple larger fans are better than the reference design. A good fan cooler can be almost as effective as liquid cooling with the exception of special liquids.

someones got  asus FE edition, going to get the EVGA hybrid cooler

9 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

all are within london

How is it gonna cost 13 pounds?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Just now, LUUD18 said:

How is it gonna cost 13 pounds?

london travel card zones 1-6

6 minutes ago, SwanStarDesigns said:

What's the name of the shop, and where in London are they? 

CEX, ive already secured a 1080ti cheaper

wait

whats so bad about the FE cards, is it because they cant draw in alot of air or something like that?

2 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

wait

whats so bad about the FE cards, is it because they cant draw in alot of air or something like that?

This is my friend, he uses GTX 1080 with Ti i think from MSI and it is a reference one. This is his complaint

On June 17, 2017 at 11:41 PM, razor007 said:

Hii ..where r u bro?which i wrote above the solution it is wrong and not working with most of the games

I think it is happening with blower fan and it doesnot look good at 75c to  80c when u r gaming at high or ultra setting at 144hz and 120hz yea there are option in my monitor to turn the fresh rate 60hz 85hz 100hz 120hz 144hz....founder edition is wrong product and it is for light gaming not high end

So dont go for founder edition never never !

Lol haha

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

wait

They should only be used in smaller or thinner cases. The reason that many benchmarks show the FE overheating is because it's used in the wrong environment. A Youtuber (Joker) pointed it out and only then did some people start testing temp levels in cases rather than open-air. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

32 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

They should only be used in smaller or thinner cases. The reason that many benchmarks show the FE overheating is because it's used in the wrong environment. A Youtuber (Joker) pointed it out and only then did some people start testing temp levels in cases rather than open-air. 

38 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

This is my friend, he uses GTX 1080 with Ti i think from MSI and it is a reference one. This is his complaint

ok, ill try and get the evga hybrid addon asap, unless theres cheaper solutions?they cost about £150 here

6 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

ok, ill try and get the evga hybrid addon asap, unless theres cheaper solutions?they cost about £150 here

I don't know sorry, but EVGA and MSI sells hybrid models, but expensive you know it

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

That is good to be honest! But is it too expensive for you?

uh id have to save a bit , but the FE would be fine for a couple months right?

8 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

uh id have to save a bit , but the FE would be fine for a couple months right?

Yeah, my friend i quoted wants to liquid cool his fe too

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

5 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

wait

The FE cards are a 2 slot exhaust blower style cooler which means the cooler itself is much smaller, the core will run hotter unless your either ramp up the fan speed very high or replace the cooler with a water cooler. Other than that, they do usually have a lower maximum power target.

For my FE the lower power target has not been much of a problem, the card hits it's voltage limit before the power limit so having a lower maximum power level has not been a problem.

On 2017-6-20 at 2:46 AM, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Hello bro...i have msi gtx 1080 fe it is good card no doubt..with this card i play games on ultra setting but temps are so high and i hv tried most of the games on high setting it gives me high temps on both high and ultra...... i am in same boat ...so blower fan is not good and running a GPU fan at full all the time would probably wear down the fans somewhat...so dont buy again fe card and dont buy this liquid cooler hydro...it is costly

For your card i would recommed buy nzxt kraken g10 or g12 with aio liquid cooler(corsair h90 or h50) u can check in their website nzxt.com there are so many aio compatibility it is not costly