Shitty IQ test question

TobiasMB

Ok, so I was bored and decided to take an IQ test, and I came across a fairly odd question which I cant understand how you are supposed to get the right answer to. Please help

Here's the question: 

If you buy 3 trousers worth 23�30 each with a 50� note, how much change are you left with?

?
1. 13,1�
2. 12,2�
3. 14,6�
4. 11,3�

And answer 1. is supposed to be the right one. Now how does this make sense?

So I would assume that the first question mark in the question is supposed to be a comma so it says: 23.30. And that the second one means the currency so lets say: $. Now I see 3 ways they could have meant this to be figured out on:

1. All the trousers have to be worth 23.30$ in total, but then you don't end up with the "right" answer of 13.1$ but rather 26.70$
  2. Each pair of trousers is worth 23.30 each and you have to plus them together and then take the 50 note minus the total price, but that isn't right either. That ends up being 50$-69.90$= -19.90$ which is quite far off
  3. You pay with a 50$ note for each pair of trousers. So 50$ for the first pair, 50$ for the second etc. but that isn't right either, that ends up being: 80.10$ in change

So please LTT forum, help me understand how this is supposed to end up with the answer of 13.1.

what are those black diamonds with a question mark inside them?

At first they would seem to be decimals?

But not so in the multiple choice selections.

2 minutes ago, TobiasMB said:

23�30

2 minutes ago, TobiasMB said:

50�

3 minutes ago, TobiasMB said:

1. 13,1�
2. 12,2�
3. 14,6�
4. 11,3�

Just now, yathis said:

what are those black diamonds?

decimals?

That's what i don't know, it was like that in the test aswell. I wrote my assumptions in the post but for all i know those are wrong, which makes the question even harder to answer

Just now, yathis said:

The other thing is that they don't seem to have the same meaning either. Like it cant be commas in all of them yet not decimals in all of them. like I don't have any idea of what this is supposed to mean.

Suppose to be an IQ question yet the english is fucked up on it.

3 minutes ago, TobiasMB said:

That's what i don't know, it was like that in the test aswell. I wrote my assumptions in the post but for all i know those are wrong, which makes the question even harder to answer

Disregard the stupid question as the sentence structure is fucked up on it.

Its a european question because of the coma's where decimals are suppose to be.

Here's the question: 

If you buy 3 trousers worth 23�30 each with a 50� note, how much change are you left with?

?
1. 13,1�
2. 12,2�
3. 14,6�
4. 11,3�

4 minutes ago, TobiasMB said:

A lot of the other questions were weird aswell. Here is the link to the test if you want to have a look: https://www.iq-tests.eu/iq-test-Mental-retardation-430.html

The translation is wrong.

Its a joke website because of the link name, Mental Retardation. They are trying to make you think you are stupid, or not smart with their questions that are worded wrong and brings about a state of "What are they trying to communicate"

Probably with that bad a translation, most likely eastern european but could be German, French, Italy or West EU too.

I solved the riddle in that its a joke question from a stupid website.

2 minutes ago, yathis said:

The translation is wrong.

Its a joke website because of the link name, Mental Retardation.

Probably with that bad a translation, most likely eastern european but could be German, French, Italy or West EU too.

I think it says Mental retardation because there is something writen about mental retardation under where  you can start the test..

Just now, TobiasMB said:

I think it says Mental retardation because there is something writen about mental retardation under where  you can start the test..

Who the fuck cares.

Skip the stupid website and try a real IQ test from a reputable website.

Just now, yathis said:

Who the fuck cares.

Will do, that question was just so fucking weird I just had to see if someone could bring reason to the answer

Just now, TobiasMB said:

Will do, that question was just so fucking weird I just had to see if someone could bring reason to the answer

Or its a virus website you are linking us to.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Or its a virus website you are linking us to.

Well I hope it isn't. Because then both me and my friend who linked it to me will have a virus by now

Just now, TobiasMB said:

Well I hope it isn't. Because then both me and my friend who linked it to me will have a virus by now

Dont worry I did not click on the link.

7 hours ago, yathis said:

Or, alternatively, don't.

The entire thing is just a waste of time.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Spoiler alert: You can't get an accurate test of your IQ online. The tests have to be administered by professionals who score you based on other factors and not just your answers. There is also more than just a written test to get your IQ.

-KuJoe

On 6/18/2017 at 11:36 PM, KuJoe said:

Spoiler alert: You can't get an accurate test of your IQ online. The tests have to be administered by professionals who score you based on other factors and not just your answers. There is also more than just a written test to get your IQ.

And even then it's a pointless number~

51 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

And even then it's a pointless number~

It depends on the age, for my daughter it is an important number because it helped her get into specific classes at her school. It helps shape curriculums for children, for adults it doesn't do much.

-KuJoe

9 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

It depends on the age, for my daughter it is an important number because it helped her get into specific classes at her school. It helps shape curriculums for children, for adults it doesn't do much.

I'd personally count that as a fault on those classes or that school. Regardless of its uses, it's just not an effective metric.

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

I'd personally count that as a fault on those classes or that school. Regardless of its uses, it's just not an effective metric.

Agree to disagree I guess. It's nice being able to say my kid is a genius with an actual number to back it up. :D

-KuJoe