boots at 78c and wont cool

glitchgodprime

case:In Win BP655 mini ITX case

cpu:AMD A10 7870K Processors 3.9GHz Socket FM2+ 95W

cpu heatsink (not the cooler):Noctua NH-L9a 92mm SSO2 CPU Cooler

cpu thermal paste: Noctua that came with the heatsink

This been an ongoing fight and im at the end of wits (8+months).

The computer boots and heats up to a crazy amount and im not sure why. Even if i boot into safe mode the coolest it gets (based on speccy) is 78c.

examples:

Youtube (chrome) goes to about 88c

kodi (xbmc) pushes up to 93c and more

Now if i run vanilla skyrim (not in safe mode) it clocks at 95-105c

now if i run minecraft vanilla and host a server of about 4 people including me, the computer sits at 105-113c

its not overclocked,bios is updated and so is the amd graphics portion.

The computer shuts down automatically at 115c (i know from experience)

What is wrong with this build? Ive made at least 10 pcs now over about 5years and never have i fought with one like this.

In the pictures shows my fan setup and i'll try to help everyone make sense of it since it was able to actually work with all these fans on. (boot was 85c now 78c) pictures were taken while in use with skyrim (103c)

top-down: shows top down view, air is coming from the front of the case (3 mini fans like in the rear picture) and where both noctuas are located at are also intakes. from their they go to the blue fans and finally to the cpu and out the rear and out the top of the case (removeable panel)

side-view: shows fans in use and the actual cpu cooler that is NOT HOT, warm yes, NOT HOT. Air flows from right side of picture to left. Removable case panels do have cut out for the added noctua.

topish-view: shows blue fans pushing air towards the cpu. (red plastic is a make shift divider so they dont push against the hard drive and shake it.

back-view:shows the rear and KICKS OUT THE EXTREMELY HOT AIR:

Not-shown: power supplies pushes air out of the case since i flipped it and also added large holes to the panel for it to breath.

IMG_20170618_114607.jpg

IMG_20170618_114616.jpg

IMG_20170618_114623.jpg

IMG_20170618_114631.jpg

Do you have thermal paste applied to the cooler, and if so, is the amount sufficient? Is the cooler secure to the CPU?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Did you forget to take the plastic film off the bottom of the heatsink when you installed it?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

wow thats crazy

im just guessing - is it possible that the CPU TIM is not making good contact with the actual on chip heat spreader?

also what voltage is the CPU running at?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

@Theguywhobea no lie first time i installed it i did but yes i did remove it after about 3 seconds of the initial install. :)

@mok picture added

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

@Godlygamer23 i applied it to the cpu and then pressed the block down on top. As for the tightness i tighten as much as manually possible and then unscrew by very tiny amount. the tightening was top left, bottom right, top right,and then bottom left. Screwed in all partial then slowly worked my way around 

Edited by glitchgodprime
added photos answered another question

is speccy itself broken?

these other two programs (tried Speedfan and it refused to install) say a completely different temp.

Capture.PNG