MOST EXPENSIVE DESK PC - Lian Li DK-04

so you posted to early and had to hide the post, guess thats why I didn't get a new beep.

$1500 for a standing motorized desk isn't to bad. I'd love to have heard more about how you felt about that feature. To bad it has Lian Li form over function behind it.

honestly its a horrible design and way to expensive :/

On 6/19/2017 at 3:13 AM, Seithon said:

honestly its a horrible design and way to expensive :/

Forget that, Linus actually suggested Intel for content creation.  It's common knowledge that Ryzen is much better there with some fast RAM.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 6/20/2017 at 6:06 PM, JoostinOnline said:

Forget that, Linus actually suggested Intel for content creation.  It's common knowledge that Ryzen is much better there with some fast RAM.

Because A) threadripper isn't out yet and B) Intel has a proven product available that's proven to be stable and still performs better, albeit at a higher price.

The 6950x will always be faster than an 1800x no matter what ram you use

2 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

Because A) threadripper isn't out yet and B) Intel has a proven product available that's proven to be stable and still performs better, albeit at a higher price.

The 6950x will always be faster than an 1800x no matter what ram you use

It's BARELY faster. And price to performance, Ryzen absolutely crushes it. Unless you're getting everything for free (which I guess he probably does), it's just not practical to buy a 6950X.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

16 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's BARELY faster. And price to performance, Ryzen absolutely crushes it. Unless you're getting everything for free (which I guess he probably does), it's just not practical to buy a 6950X.

It has higher IPC, a faster clock speed, and two more cores. It's significantly faster. And yes, he gets them for free, which is why he and everyone else uses them.

14 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

It has higher IPC, a faster clock speed, and two more cores. It's significantly faster. And yes, he gets them for free, which is why he and everyone else uses them.

It's not significantly faster.  Take a look at some benchmarks.

I guess I just think it's better to get something practical, even if it's free.  You should represent your audience.  It's like if he built a budget PC and said a Xeon CPU was a clear choice.  Word isn't going to open much faster over a G4560.

On 6/26/2017 at 0:48 AM, JoostinOnline said:

It's not significantly faster.  Take a look at some benchmarks.

I guess I just think it's better to get something practical, even if it's free.  You should represent your audience.  It's like if he built a budget PC and said a Xeon CPU was a clear choice.  Word isn't going to open much faster over a G4560.

It is significantly faster. According to userbenchmark, 30% faster OC multi core speed. That is significant. Then it's 15% faster in quad core. That's pretty significant. Then, the single core speed is 14% faster.

I honestly have no idea how you could ever think a 10 core and an 8 core were in the same league

He's also not going for practical. These are his production machines. He has good reasons for picking the 6950x instead of the 1800x or threadripper.

4 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

It is significantly faster. According to userbenchmark, 30% faster OC multi core speed. That is significant. Then it's 15% faster in quad core. That's pretty significant. Then, the single core speed is 14% faster.

I honestly have no idea how you could ever think a 10 core and an 8 core were in the same league

He's also not going for practical. These are his production machines. He has good reasons for picking the 6950x instead of the 1800x or threadripper.

Look at actual benchmarks for programs. Userbenchmark doesn't mean much. But if you want to go by that, then it's a 41% higher value. 

And a couple extra cores doesn't necessarily mean as much as you think. They're completely different architectures. A Core Quad would be crushed by any modern Pentium. However, I'm not arguing which is faster. The 6950x is definitely faster. I'm saying it's silly. Do you think they should put a Xeon in a budget machine because it's faster? 

I don't think this is going to go anywhere. Obviously we disagree on how important practicality is, and that's not going to change. 

How is $1500 the most expensive desk?

Maybe $15,000 or more would be that 4sure.