Mac OS - Encryption

Just wondering if there's been any reports on the Mac OS and it's encryption and if it's ever been hacked. 

Specifically the OS X Extended (journaled, encrypted) format. 

heres a few basic things you should know about encryption:

USA and UK governments restrict what you can use to algorithms that they can break with their super computers.

Apple uses 256 bit AES which is pretty common.

No amount of crack or meth can help a common thief break your encryption.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

heres a few basic things you should know about encryption:

USA and UK governments restrict what you can use to algorithms that they can break with their super computers.

Apple uses 256 bit AES which is pretty common.

No amount of crack or meth can help a common thief break your encryption.

That didn't answer my question. 

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

That didn't answer my question. 

what answer do you want? it uses a standard encryption that can be broken given enough computing power. There is no special hack or crack that will break encryption other than getting your password, which is nothing special to Apple.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

what answer do you want? it uses a standard encryption that can be broken given enough computing power. There is no special hack or crack that will break encryption other than getting your password, which is nothing special to Apple.

It's a pretty straightforward question. 

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

It's a pretty straightforward question. 

it is a straight forward answer too

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

everything is hackable, but apple's macs are no more hackable than anything else.

with bruteforce, everything is technically hackable, but AES256 would take too much time to bruteforce, at least until quantum computers come along.

if you're asking about a backdoor, or some trick to get to the files without bruteforce, no trick has been discovered AFAIK.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

30 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

The dude wants to know about any cases about people who have hacked the encryption

Just now, Trekt Nation said:

The dude wants to know about any cases about people who have hacked the encryption

that implies they do not know the basics of encryption. You do not hack standard algorithms allowed by law. it really makes no sense to ask how to hack it. What would you be hacking exactly? Do you want to hack a mounted filesystem or an offline filesystem? offline is password cracking. online would be exploiting any running software and is not going to be specific to apple's filesystem, but will be something else like safari or the print server.

This why i cannot improve on my original asnwer that a common crim cannot crack it but someone with a super computer can.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_