Needing suggestions for a vlogging camera

I am looking for a camera that has a couple things

1. 1080p at 24fps+

2.(Optional slow-mode at 720p @ 120fps)

3. Has an option to add an external mic

4. Has a flip-around interal monitor

I was looking at the Sony Handycams for they're ease of use and flip around screens, but didn't find any with an internal mic port

Budget is maxed out at 650 USD

6 minutes ago, checkitimawesome said:

1. 1080p at 24fps+

I was looking at the Sony Handycams for they're ease of use and flip around screens, but didn't find any with an internal mic port

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1022663-REG/sony_hdrpj540_b_16gb_hdr_pj340_full_hd.html

Something like this, has a mini jack port for an external mic.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Panasonic G7 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

DJI Osmo isnt bad... really depends on what type of vloging yo like to do. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 4:12 PM, abfrost said:

DJI Osmo isnt bad... really depends on what type of vloging yo like to do. 

Isn't that a phone stabilizer?

Depending on what phone you use, you can probably just use your phone. There are third party microphones available for phones, it has two camera's so you can easily switch and you don't need more gear with you.

On 6/27/2017 at 2:10 AM, Trustadz said:

Depending on what phone you use, you can probably just use your phone. There are third party microphones available for phones, it has two camera's so you can easily switch and you don't need more gear with you.

I have an S7, I know it's fine for vlogging, but I'm sick of filling up my storage with Vlogs, I want a separate camera so

1. Save my phone battery

2. Can customize things easier, such as mic quality, have a wide-angle lens etc.

3. Save my phone storage

4. Don't look like an idiot when I'm using my phone to take pics and what-not

8 minutes ago, checkitimawesome said:

4. Don't look like an idiot when I'm using my phone to take pics and what-not

You're vlogging, you will always look like a idiot, what happens when you walking around talking to your camera all the time. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

You're vlogging, you will always look like a idiot, what happens when you walking around talking to your camera all the time. 

Fair enough, but it'll look way better with a regular camera than a phone on a tri-pod with a selfie-stick mount

On 17/06/2017 at 11:45 PM, checkitimawesome said:

1. 1080p at 24fps+

I'd recommend looking into either the Sony RX100 series of cameras from the Mark III and up, or something like a Canon G7X II. Both can be well beyond your budget though, unless you find a decent used one, or an older version of these cameras, but they're what a lot of YouTube Vloggers are using if they don't carry around full scale DSLRs. (Casey Neistat, you are absolutely crazy and amazing for carrying around a Canon 60/70/80D and a Gorilla Pod...)

1 & 2. No problem for these cameras; the Sony RX100 V can even shoot 960, 480, and 240 FPS too.

3. Most of these cameras won't have external mic inputs because they want you to upgrade to something more expensive. I'd recommend using an external recorder such as a Zoom H1 as explained in this blog post: http://www.diyphotography.net/easily-cheaply-record-external-audio-cameras-without-microphone-sockets/

4. This will vary from camera to camera; the RX100 series screens flip up for vlogging. Other models have flip out screens.

Nothing wrong with going the Handycam / Camcorder route, but I don't know of many of these types of consumer level video cameras that have equal video quality or slow-motion capabilities when compared to a similarly priced point-and-shoot camera. Their sensors are usually more focused on video stabilization at long zoom ranges rather than crystal clear quality. Ultimately though, go with the camera you can afford, get started vlogging, and upgrade when you have money later.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)