Looking in to buying a Nintendo Switch but is it worth it?

Marshnt

Looking in to buying a Nintendo Switch but is it worth it? Money ins't the problem just the normal Nintendo fetish vs the PC Master Race complex.

5 minutes ago, Marshnt said:

the PC Master Race complex.

wondering what that is? 

no buy a GTX 1080 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

wondering what that is? 

that 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

I would buy one if I wasn't in high school and needed to focus on SATs. Lol.

Def getting one or its replacement for college tho, it's perfect for that use case

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

On 6/17/2017 at 6:30 PM, Megah3rtz said:

no buy a GTX 1080 

On 6/17/2017 at 6:27 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

waste of money, much as i love the gtx 1080, but i would much rather get a switch and a used 980ti. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

waste of money, much as i love the gtx 1080 i would much rather get a switch and a used 980ti. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

waste of money, much as i love the gtx 1080 i would much rather get a switch and a used 980ti. 

yus

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

4 minutes ago, Marshnt said:

Again money isn't the problem or the answer.

get a switch 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a switch 

Where can you even get one at MSRP these days?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Just now, Theguywhobea said:

Have a in at Wally world

If you like portable gaming and Nintendo then its worth it. If you like one it's probably worth it. If you like neither why does this thread exist?

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Just now, skywake said:

If you like portable gaming and Nintendo then its worth it. If you like one it's probably worth it. If you like neither what's wrong with you?

you dropped this

379ch.gif.2dc806c27f2e548c06a93944c4c15c3b.gif

1 minute ago, skywake said:

If you like portable gaming and Nintendo then its worth it. If you like one it's probably worth it. If you like neither why does this thread exist?

This this exists cause Nintendo like other console manufactures release sub prime POS's like the PSP vita, the Wii U,and the N-Gage  (Actually own the original Super Mario Cart Props)

12 minutes ago, Marshnt said:

This this exists cause Nintendo like other console manufactures release sub prime POS's like the PSP vita, the Wii U,and the N-Gage  (Actually own the original Super Mario Cart Props)

Only one of those were Nintendo and as someone who owned a Wii U I don't think of it as a bad console. I think of it as beta-testing for the Switch. I'd also argue that the Vita was a pretty fantastic piece of hardware for its time which is a shame because it didn't get much software.

1 minute ago, skywake said:

Only one of those were Nintendo and as someone who owned a Wii U I don't think of it as a bad console. I think of it as beta-testing for the Switch

300$ is a lot for a early adopter?

1 hour ago, Theguywhobea said:

My local Walmart had 4 for MSRP (I live in rural Appalachia). I bought 2 of them. They are the perfect companion to my gaming rig, they just need some more games.

39 minutes ago, Marshnt said:

300$ is a lot for a early adopter?

The point I was getting at was that the Switch does everything the Wii U did but better. I really liked the Wii U as a system with Nintendo games that didn't take themselves seriously at all. It was also a system where Nintendo experimented with games like Splatoon, Super Mario Maker and Captain Toad. At the same time Nintendo were pushing out the best versions of games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Zelda. All of that on a system where you could, if you wanted to, play those games on a semi-portable screen.

The Switch does all the same things but on a properly portable system and with a more regular flow of games.

IMO Switch + PC is the perfect combo (I'm sure you've read before, but still) With PC you get 90% of the gaming market, and the switch gives you Nintendo exclusives and portability. If you can find one, I think it is definitely worth it.

Purely opinion and somewhat bias but yeah the Nintendo exclusives alone make it worth it Nintendo+PC combo is pretty nice.  Though it does seem that with the Switch being a hybrid portable that it is getting alot more third party support than previous generations.

18 minutes ago, LordTaco42 said:

more third party support than previous generations

No, the Wii U was just shit and didn't sell much. Hell, the Wii had friggin COD on it! How's that for third party support?

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

Just now, Shiv78 said:

No, the Wii U was just shit and didn't sell much. Hell, the Wii had friggin COD on it! How's that for third party support?

To be fair the Wii U had some phenomenal first party titles some series bests even like Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3,  Bayonetta 2.  It just had a crap name and shit marketing.  Honestly if they had named it like Super Wii or hell just Wii 2 it probably would have sold better but most people didn't even know it was a new console they just thought it was an add on for the Wii.  The biggest gripe I had with the Wii U from a hardware standpoint was its measly storage of 32GB on the "delux" version.

6 minutes ago, LordTaco42 said:

To be fair the Wii U had some phenomenal first party titles some series bests even like Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3,  Bayonetta 2.  It just had a crap name and shit marketing.  Honestly if they had named it like Super Wii or hell just Wii 2 it probably would have sold better but most people didn't even know it was a new console they just thought it was an add on for the Wii.  The biggest gripe I had with the Wii U from a hardware standpoint was its measly storage of 32GB on the "delux" version.

Yup. Also it lagged so far behind in terms of hardware that nobody stopped to consider the insane amount of optimization Nintendo has and also their unique games.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN: