Cooling Optimization

MCManiac52

I have 3 fans and 1 AIO watercooler (corsair h55) in my corsair carbide spec-01 with a i5-4670k and a Palit 4GB GTX 960. I currently have the aio mounted at the back in a pulling air into the case. One fan at the top exhausting air, and the final one at the front of the case pulling air in. Is this a good setup or is there a better way I could have it? The air coming out the top of the case seems pretty hot when gaming.

I ilke trains.

if i were you i'd switch i would either:

move the AIO to the top and have it pull air in, leave the front fan for intake and switch rear fan to blow out

or,

leave the AIO where it is and switch the fan to blow out and have the top fan pull air in 

12 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

I have 3 fans and 1 AIO watercooler (corsair h55) in my corsair carbide spec-01 with a i5-4670k and a Palit 4GB GTX 960. I currently have the aio mounted at the back in a pulling air into the case. One fan at the top exhausting air, and the final one at the front of the case pulling air in. Is this a good setup or is there a better way I could have it? The air coming out the top of the case seems pretty hot when gaming.

or you could put the rear AIO fan on exhaust, purchase another case fan for the front and put then both on intake and leave the top fan on exhaust 

Your best option is to buy a triple pack of fans and populate every possible spot.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just make sure there is an even number of fans blowing in and out of your case. I also have a SPEC-01 but i just have the one red fan in the front and it works fine for me but i have a Sempron 3850 and a GTX 1050. 

What are your temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.