Help with new aprox £2000 build

Hello guys. Posting my first thread after years of watching Linus invite people over here.

I was thinking of making a gaming/work PC.

The target budget is as in the title, around £2000  +-500. Location is UK.

I can source the component prices myself from dealers/amazon locally, so that isn't the main problem. The main problem is inter compatibility and modifications to the list I compiled, to give you an idea of what I want.

Direct purpose of build: gaming(X series of games - space flight sims, witcher 3, fallout 4, gta 5, loads of old school games, Destiny 2, Halo wars 2, Dawn of War 3)

Secondary purpose: work (2D and 3D cad programs now, 3D rendering in the future - will upgrade the graphics card by then)

I will link 1 monitor(cough 49"TV) to it now, but will go up to 3 proper monitors within 1.5 years

As an OS, I was thinking of Win 10 (maybe pro, but I don´t think it´s worth it) with a secondary SSD with a linux tails as backup.

Reason for upgrading? it´s easy to upgrade thin air and a 3 year old multimedia laptop :)

Right. now for the config I´ve picked:

Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X RGB 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B32)

be quiet! Dark Power Pro P11 850W '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply

be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Full Tower Gaming Case - Black

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)

WD Black 256GB PCIe SSD + 2TB Performance HDD Bundle

512GB SSD 850 PRO SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-7KE512BW)

all of the above products are from overclockers uk, which is one of the main sites around the UK, but I can find the parts a bit cheaper on amazon, so like I said, pricing isn´t a must, unless you know a reputable cheap shop around here :)

Please be gentle, as this is my first major build after 8 years of doing everything else except PCs :)

Thank you so much for your time and attention, and in advance for your advises.

Regards, Lucian.

Price list.jpg

First up unless you are going to SLI in the future an 850W PSU is over kill, my similar system with a 1080Ti would maybe use half of that... 
Next point with your storage configuration will you be putting programs on the SSD or WD black?  You could save money and get a 128gb ssd for boot and a cheaper PSU to make room for a monitor or two now depending on what you going to get. 

With your case you could a mid range tower which depending what you go will save you both space and money...
If you are unsure about your build you could run your hardware through a site like partpicker, it will give you a power usage estimate and will also tell you about any known incompatibilities. 

thank you for a swift reply.

to answer your questions/observations:

SLI will come in about 1-1.5 years, when the multiple monitors will be put into play for advanced cad modelling

Programs and OS and more demanding games will be put on the PCIe card, SSD will be there for the CAD program to use and the HDD for general storage and long term project storage.

Although a mid tower could take me down to half the price of the full tower, it doesn´t offer me a great deal of adaptability in the future. I plan on using this case for a long time :)

I will go through a site like that for the final compatibility, as for the power side of it, the coolersmasters site rates the current setup at 495W.

What bout the components themselves? are they fair? can I find something a bit better or specific (I know the PC is going to have a huge rage of uses, but still) in the same range?

Considering a Ryzen maybe?

Aditya K. Arun / redscape photo and video.

Photography, Tech enthusiast.

500px.com/redscape_

Instagram: redscape_

been an Intel user all my life :)

is Ryzen all it´s cracked up to be? with enough evidence, I could go for a switch in platforms, but don´t have any experience on AMD platforms ...