What is the ultimate 1080ti available?

Hi, Ive been doing alot of research (watching benchmark videos) and I cant decide on what is the best 1080ti available. With the announcement of Destiny 2 nvidia bundle, I decided to finally buy a new graphics card rather than keep on waiting for VEGA or Volta, although I dont know if Volta might be worth the wait or not. Money is no factor as I have $1300CAD saved up for a graphics card and Im just looking for the best raw performance card, I dont care about aesthetics rgb etc. In terms of noise ive found that they are all audibly loud unless anyone knows otherwise.

Thanks,

probably the ASUS Poseidon, but only if you have a custom loop

if not, the GALAX HOF, MSI Lightning, or EVGA Kingpin would be the best

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

2 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

probably the ASUS Poseidon, but only if you have a custom loop

if not, the GALAX HOF, MSI Lightning, or EVGA Kingpin would be the best

None of those cards are out yet. My plan is to buy one now with the Destiny 2 bundle which ends June 27.

Just now, KanavK said:

None of those cards are out yet. My plan is to buy one now with the Destiny 2 bundle which ends June 27.

ah

the Asus Strix card is probably the best, imo, but I'm a bit biased since I bought a strix 1080, which is a fantastic overclocker with a wonderful, quiet, efficient cooler.

Zotac makes some thicc cards that may be a few degrees cooler, but the Strix is probably your best bet

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, Daniel644 said:

just buy the cheapest one and watercool it.

lol thanks but ill pass on watercooling.

Just now, KanavK said:

lol thanks but ill pass on watercooling.

then Strix if you don't want water

The evga triple fan is definitely the best.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Strix or EVGA FTW3

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Yea im leaning more towards the Strix OC atm. Thanks for the input.

They all perform the same. Just comes down to looks and acoustics. I prefer the EVGA FTW 2 fan and 3 fan cards.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

I guess I have bias towards Strix, as I own 2 of them.

But, Strix probably is the best looking one that can be matched with almost ANY colour coordination you have for your case.

Its got minimal colour, minimal writing, and its got probably the best RGB implementation.

Performance wise, unless you are watercooling, they are all within error of margin barring from silicon lottery.

EVGA Kingpin series is probably the only one that is binned, but as its mntioned, its not out yet.

And I would suspect that it would cost way too much to justify the price.

Air cooled, probably the STRIX or the FTW3. Both extremely good quality and will serve you well. I have heard however that the FTW3 runs a bit hotter a noisier than the STRIX (maybe because it's a 2 slot card and not 2.5 slot). The EVGA FTW3 aesthetic also might not suite your liking or build. However, EVGA has superb CS, which is nice to have. The STRIX has a very nice aesthetic imo, good cooler, and is pretty quiet. Their CS is pretty bad tho. It's down to personal preference. I'm a little bit EVGA bias, so I would say FTW3. But getting the STRIX is a very good option as well.

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |