Nickel Plating vs Stainless Steel Nozzle

I was looking to try printing wood filament (MGChemicals). I have a Monoprice Maker Select V2 with stock everything. I know that wood filament is very abrasive and I was going to upgrade the brass nozzle. I plan on buying it off of amazon. 

Highlubricity makes a nozzle that is 0.6mm (People recommend .5+ for wood), but as far as I can tell, it is brass with a nickel plating. 

https://www.amazon.com/High-Lubricity-Resistant-Nozzle-Upgrade/dp/B00ZMX...

Is nickel plating as good as stainless steel? Has anyone used MGChemicals wood pla?

Honestly, I'd advise going with the stainless nozzle instead. I haven't worked with any sort of extra-abrasive filament like the type of reinforced/modified PLA you're talking about, but it stands to reason that a solid stainless steel nozzle would hold up better. Once the nickel plating on the plated brass nozzle wears through, you run into the same problems with wear that you would with a standard all-brass nozzle.

On 6/21/2017 at 9:30 PM, Axinex said:

Honestly, I'd advise going with the stainless nozzle instead. I haven't worked with any sort of extra-abrasive filament like the type of reinforced/modified PLA you're talking about, but it stands to reason that a solid stainless steel nozzle would hold up better. Once the nickel plating on the plated brass nozzle wears through, you run into the same problems with wear that you would with a standard all-brass nozzle.

Yeah, I was looking at getting a full metal hotend kit by mircoswiss, since they have universal nozzles if u own the kit.