[Guide] Mining Ethereum

vanished
19 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Whats it all about, hash rate

so there should be a list of gpu's with their hash rates or do I gotta scrounge for that info?

You have to search around for it.  I provided the necessary tools to figure out if a card you already have is a good miner or not but if you are curious about others, you will have to search.  If you post it, I'm sure you'd get rep from several people, myself included.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Whats it all about, hash rate

so there should be a list of gpu's with their hash rates or do I gotta scrounge for that info?

hash-rates will vary widely by user tuning. You'll have folks who go balls-to-the-wall on overclock and power and get high hash-rates, but their efficiency is deplorable. you'll have other folks who want to mine as cost effectively as possible so they detune their gpus so they aren't drawing so much power but still get a decent hash-rate. I'm in the second camp.

so just telling you what a card will do doesn't mean very much. it purely depends on how you set it.

this is my last output and i think it's OK. GPU0 is a EVGA 1070 FTW and i'm still working out the kinks since moving to SimpleMinerOS.

> GPU0 66C Sol/s: 488.7 Sol/W: 3.28 Avg: 488.5 I/s: 262.2 Sh: 2.21 1.00
> GPU1 50C Sol/s: 479.9 Sol/W: 3.99 Avg: 476.7 I/s: 255.7 Sh: 2.27 1.00
========== Sol/s: 968.6 Sol/W: 3.63 Avg: 965.1 I/s: 517.9 Sh: 4.48 1.00

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

8 hours ago, knightslugger said:

hash-rates will vary widely by user tuning. You'll have folks who go balls-to-the-wall on overclock and power and get high hash-rates, but their efficiency is deplorable. you'll have other folks who want to mine as cost effectively as possible so they detune their gpus so they aren't drawing so much power but still get a decent hash-rate. I'm in the second camp.

so just telling you what a card will do doesn't mean very much. it purely depends on how you set it.

Yeah that is a good point, everyone will run their card differently, so reporting hashrate doesn't mean much unless it's at stock - you'd also have to mention voltage, clockspeed, etc.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.