Corsair Air 540 HDD covers

cool username

Anybody have any creative ways to cover the Hard Drives in an Air 540. I looked at V1Tech but I live in Canada and the exchange rate isn't in my favour.

You could do acrylic covers for the hard drives and affix the covers with double sided tape or something. Or an entire mini basement for the hard drives with acrylic or aluminum. Acrylic is pretty cheap and can be found at most hardware stores. Just paint it whatever color you want. It can be bent with a heat gun and cut with a saw or an acrylic cutter.

And aluminum can be bent by hand with a vice and cut with tin snips or a saw with a metal cutting blade. 

6 hours ago, Corsair Joseph said:

Something like this? http://www.coldzero.eu/239-lightboxes

who knew corsair had a solution for this  ;)

real talk though, whos idea was it to leave the giant gaping holes in the bottom of the air 540, without fan mounts, or at least dust filters.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:06 PM, Tsuki said:

who knew corsair had a solution for this  ;)

real talk though, whos idea was it to leave the giant gaping holes in the bottom of the air 540, without fan mounts, or at least dust filters.

Not the biggest fan of that either, that's why we've got that part sorted out with our Air740

The holes are covered by the hdds. Could easily but some abs plastic and make your own cover. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up cutting out the HDD sleds out of my Air 540.

I needed the space for my radiator.

I currently have dust filters covering the holes from the outside but when I crack the case open again for maintenance and modding, I'll be covering the holes (and most of the interior) with carbon fiber.

---

46 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

I ended up cutting out the HDD sleds out of my Air 540.

I needed the space for my radiator.

I currently have dust filters covering the holes from the outside but when I crack the case open again for maintenance and modding, I'll be covering the holes (and most of the interior) with carbon fiber.

How many rads do you need in that thing?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

29 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

How many rads do you need in that thing?

Only as many rads as can possible fit into the case without further modding.

Cutting the sleds out of the bottom was only to make room for the pump/res.

And the dust filters were just a temporary measure until I start phase two of this project sometime in the fall.

IMG_20170330_200728147.thumb.jpg.3a173a459c3cf4870eeed70bb22d15cf.jpg

---