7900X reviewed!

PCGuy_5960
1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

If they had a new stepping their marketing team would be all over it calling it Zen+ v2.0 Extreme X Edition :) 

Wouldn't be suprised but they don't play same game as Intel. :|

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

Just now, domandric034 said:

Wouldn't be suprised but they don't play same game as Intel. :|

They couldn't have fixed this, because this is a hardware/architectural issue. Only a new architecture can fix this issue -_-

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

They couldn't have fixed this, because this is a hardware/architectural issue. Only a new architecture can fix this issue -_-

Not to mention that even if they did fix the issue with AVX and AVX2, they damn sure didn't add AVX-512, which is supported by Skylake-X.

raise your hand if you use H.265?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just one question : Are the RAID keys on x299 rumors true ?

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

Just now, knightslugger said:

sometimes, want to use it more, why?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Look at this gem from the article:

"Our chip seems to be a good one and had no qualms about running at 4.7GHz across all 10 cores. Heck, it needed only 1.25V to make it happen."

???????????????

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

You're doing it wrong! You need to say: "Hit the like button if you use AVX! Let's get to 1 million likes!"

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

20 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Way out of reach for many...

...teenagers without jobs.

It's not like $1k for a premium CPU is breaking new ground.

This guy does.  :D

It's such a better coding for quality, while retaining a smaller file size.  It's just hell on CPUs.  xD

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

"Our chip seems to be a good one and had no qualms about running at 4.7GHz across all 10 cores. Heck, it needed only 1.25V to make it happen."

???????????????

barely legible, but when i read things like this, it makes me wonder if Intel Cherry-picked the CPU for testing.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

???????????????

If the 7820X/7800X can do the same, I am DEFINITELY getting one

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Not to mention that even if they did fix the issue with AVX and AVX2, they damn sure didn't add AVX-512, which is supported by Skylake-X.

They knew when they. Created the architecture that it wouldn't do avx very well. They skimped on the part of the cpu that does avx workloads so that it takes twice the time to complete the instructions compared if they hadn't. It was a conscious decision they made to decrease price and first other things on the chip.

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

???????????????

Outstanding catch man!  The haters ain't going to like seeing that shit.  

barely legible, but when i read things like this, it makes me wonder if Intel Cherry-picked the CPU for testing.

Don't worry @done12many2 will probably get a crap ton of them to bin them xD

and so begins the evidence to back up my "I told you so"

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, done12many2 said:

Outstanding catch man!  The haters ain't going to like seeing that shit.  

Ya'know, if i didn't just buy a new grand cherokee, i'd sell both my systems for a x299 with this guy in it.

System specs:

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Der8auer himself said to expect 4.6-4.7 on average. This looks in line with that. That's just insane!

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

They knew when they. Created the architecture that it wouldn't do avx very well. They skimped on the part of the cpu that does avx workloads so that it takes twice the time to complete the instructions compared if they hadn't. It was a conscious decision they made to decrease price and first other things on the chip.

Exactly.  There's nothing wrong with doing that.  It was a decision they made at the time and one that impacted TDP and power measurements alike.  Smart move with Ryzen on their part as it doesn't really impact the majority of the users much, but in the HEDT world, well, that's a lot different.  

Der8auer himself said to expect 4.6-4.7 on average. This looks in line with that. That's just insane!

But that 4.6-4.7Ghz is with ONLY 1.25V, if you delid it and use 1.35V, 4.9-5GHz should be possible :o

Now give it

ceehDUC.gif

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Ya'know, if i didn't just buy a new grand cherokee, i'd sell both my systems for a x299 with this guy in it.

Nice vehicle man.  I leased a 2000 Grand Cherokee many many years ago and only changed the oil in it one time during the 2-year lease right before I turned it in.  lol.  That sucker ran perfectly on 2-year old (40k mile) oil.  

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Exactly.  There's nothing wrong with doing that.  It was a decision they made at the time and one that impacted TDP and power measurements alike.  Smart move with Ryzen on their part as it doesn't really impact the majority of the users much, but in the HEDT world, well, that's a lot different.  

You see that's why I think they will change that for Naples. Threadripper isn't their server processors so not having good avx support doesn't seem like all that bad. If you need avx then just go intel for HEDT. It will be like ryzen all over again. If you have needs that are meet by threadripper and need alot of cores it will be a super good cpu. If doesn't then it just isn't the right fit then.

Gaming benchmakrs in WQHD ... I have no words, wait I do: At least better than AMDs 4K dual 480 fail :P. No srsly, if you bench CPUs, bench them at 1080p and below!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

You see that's why I think they will change that for Naples.

Nope, Naples/EPYC is just 4x 1800Xs :/