Guest Checkout on Store

I would like to know why a Paypal account is required for Floatplane? I understand the reasons for using Paypal as a payment system, instead of just allowing for payment using debit/credit directly, but it is very inconvenient that an actual account must be made. Often, you can use paypal to checkout without an account by checking out as a guest. I believe the reason that this is not available is because Floatplane is a subscription based purchase, and you cannot do subscriptions with a paypal guest checkout. If you were to offer the yearly purchase of Floatplane as a one-time purchase, I believe the option to checkout as guest would appear.

I highly encourage you to consider this. Offering the onetime payment would not pose any logistical, financial, or otherwise difficult problem for you as far as I can see. 

As long as the purchase isn't a subscription, enabling guest checkout should be as easy as this:

Go to your Account Profile.

Select: My Selling Tools

Under: Selling Online

Locate: Website Preferences

Click on: Update

Locate: PayPal Account Optional

Click:  On

Click: Save

Thank you.

CPU: i7-4790 GPU: R9 Nitro Fury Tri-X RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz | SSD: 480GB PNY PSU: EVGA 850BQ

Jr. Systems Administrator

A SysAdmin's Haiku:

It's not DNS

There's no way it's DNS

It was DNS

its complicated economics, even when doing the year thing you still are paying every year, and therefore they always get the money, and you can always watch it, if they offered a buy once option people would just do that whenever an interesting project came out like scrapyard wars or something similar they were really waiting for, but if it their is no one time option people will usualy not unsubscribe after the stuff they really came for is done because they figure whats the point in a month or two something else really cool is gonna come on and then i can watch that early. People can technically subscribe for one month by just canceling their subscription after a month but its complicated so many people steer away from the idea. Its the same reason why netflix and hulu and the like offer one free month but require your credit card, you could cancel and create new emails and stuff to just keep getting free months but no one does the majority of people either continue subscribing because they like it and dont mind paying 6 dollars every month or just forget to unsubscribe. Sorry if i didn't get my point across great or if this was too long of an explanation.

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

It's something that we would like to support, but the forum software doesn't have a nice way of doing it. It may be added in the future though.

HTTP/2 203