High End Home Theater Solution

Hello friends

I want to make it brief but still understandable. We safed some money for a long time "dream" of ours to upgrade our home entertainment. The flat will have full automatization from lights to AC/heating that gets controlled via a tablet. Boxes in the walls of different rooms will be also individually controllable from the tablet. The TV with Dolby Surround should also be connected to the tablet. A "server" (is it called that?) will be hidden in the corridor that is connected to a sound system (to play the music), a bluray 4k player and the server for the software control i assume. 

What I would need from you (because im a bit of a nooby here) is to understand what specifics I could or should use here. Its a lot of money and I would probably buy a 40 inch Full HD Tv. Until someone said that its probably better to go with a 4k HDR TV with Smart TV. The bottom Line is I would need help to choose the specifics (not brand just specifications) of the individual components. I would also appreciate some tipps and ideas of how to make this work.

Questions:

What kind of TV 55-65 Inch should I use? What specification should it have to work the way I described?

What kind of Sound System would be needed to achieve controllable audio in different rooms or from the TV etc?

What kind of future proofing should I look for in the technology?

What tablet and tablet remote control solution would you recommend?

What service solution for TV software would you recommend? Bluray rental and TV-Shows?

Do you have any additional ideas that I can not think of now?

Thank you very much for your help. Any idea, any comment even if it just answers one aspect of my question is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

You need to provide a budget. AV components range from $200 to $20,000, and I've never seen a television in a high end theater room. Why aren't you looking at projectors?

5 hours ago, JohnT said:

You need to provide a budget. AV components range from $200 to $20,000, and I've never seen a television in a high end theater room. Why aren't you looking at projectors?

Ok, so maybe I missused the word home theatre. What I meant is a modern high end living room with a lot of remote access and automization. I would like to be within the reasonable range where the money is not the issue, but we should shy away from deminishing returns. You know what I mean a 3500 dollar 65 inch might be reasonable but a 20000 dollar 80 inch TV wont be. I hope you get me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well it depends. I have a $25,000 high end living room. You will likely spend more on audio than the TV. If you want good audio. I got a 65in 4K oled back when they were still $6000 and the rest is in audio. 

I would look at the z9 from Sony, the Sony oled and the lg oleds. I think the Samsung tvs are crap. Go into any magnolia Best Buy and they'll have them all out so you can choose. I still like lgs oleds the most. 

For speakers, I love Martin Logan but it is pricey. I still only have a 2.2 setup. Again this is going to be personal preference. There are a dozen speaker companies in the same price range. Stay away from home theater in a box and sound bars. Walk into a magnolia and demo speakers. I went with a pair of Martin Logan Theos speakers and two svs sb 2000 subs. 

I have an hdmi cable from my PC to my receiver, and then from my receiver to my TV. I also have an Xbox one s connected as a 4K blue ray player. 

For receivers and amplifiers, it depends on the speakers you choose. 

My setup: https://m.imgur.com/a/la41r

On 6/16/2017 at 9:05 AM, JohnT said:

I've never seen a television in a high end theater room.

Well I'll raise my hand then. Though I do plan on switching to a 4K projector eventually