replacement stock intel cooler

DBZGeek

It seems my stock intel cooler that came with my 6500, is getting louder and louder. Yesterday I fired up DOOM for the first time and started hearing a jet engine. I immediately check my 1060 which had its fans spinning at the lowest speed(38%), which I know doesn't sound like a jet engine. I check my CPU cooler, which was spinning at a whopping 2300 rpm.

MOBO: HD3P z170 Gigabyte

CASE: spec-01 corsair

Both temperatures were fine:

CPU hit max 60 (steady around 55)

and my GPU 59 (on 4K)

Although the cooling is fine, I want a replacement for my intel cooler that is way quieter.

I would like the budget to be 50 euro's MAX, I use Amazon.de and pcpartpicker, but I want to hear you guys' opinion 

As always, thanks. 

hyper 212 evo will do well

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

12 minutes ago, Alesek said:

hyper 212 evo will do well

I have carbide spec-01 which means I don't have the room to fit the 212 evo

It's a matter of 10 mm -_-

Depends on what RAM you use. I've had the Cryorig H7 with the Kingston HyperX which did not interfere.

1 minute ago, RaptorCandy said:

Depends on what RAM you use. I've had the Cryorig H7 with the Kingston HyperX which did not interfere.

great then it will work for me too, cuz i have the same ram

Yeah, I was gonna say the Cryorig H7 too. It's a more compact 212 evo that cools a little better. If it's available to you, it's a nice budget air cooler.

I went from an intel stock fan (came with my 7500) to a H7 yesterday. Here's some realtemp screenshots. The timer is wrong for both screenshots since I didn't have it running all the time:

Stock fan idling/desktop use, the max temp is during an hour or two of gaming.

cpu.jpg

Cryorig H7, idle/desktop use. When I had it running during an hour of playerunknowns battlegrounds the temps were in the 48-55c range.

cpu3.png

Replace 6500 with Ryzen 1600. There is no issue with stock cooling there :)

4 hours ago, DBZGeek said:

will this not interfere with the ram sticks on my MOBO?

4 hours ago, RaptorCandy said:

Both H7 and M9i will be completely behind RAM slots. You could have Dom Plats and still be fine.

2 hours ago, Verrm said:

Replace 6500 with Ryzen 1600. There is no issue with stock cooling there :)

Eh... Kinda pricie move to change whole system because of cooler making noise.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, DBZGeek said:

Although the cooling is fine, I want a replacement for my intel cooler that is way quieter.

I would like the budget to be 50 euro's MAX, I use Amazon.de and pcpartpicker, but I want to hear you guys' opinion 

As always, thanks. 

Personally, I would just recommend setting of a custom fan curvature using that of a MSI Afterburner is or your motherboards BIOS :3 As such is cheaper than purchasing and installing an entirely new cpu cooler.    

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

37 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Personally, I would just recommend setting of a custom fan curvature using that of a MSI Afterburner is or your motherboards BIOS :3 As such is cheaper than purchasing and installing an entirely new cpu cooler.    

Have you ever used the intel box cooler? Wouldn't matter if it was maxed. It still does a woeful job. 

Does do it's job of not hitting tjmax though. Can't fault it there. 

But for most locked units, pulling 70C load is silly. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Have you ever used the intel box cooler? Wouldn't matter if it was maxed. It still does a woeful job. 

Does do it's job of not hitting tjmax though. Can't fault it there. 

But for most locked units, pulling 70C load is silly. 

Believe me I have experience with them xD

Actually, the one to which came packed with my 4790 was perfectly adequate, and I did not find it to be that of a concern to me acoustically, only reason as to of why I decided to change from it was simply appearance. 

Although, I do believe the performance was only really courtesy of my CPU not being that of particularly toasty... I would imagine results vary depending on which CPU it came with since there moderately different sometimes. 

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

60c is low. You're fine up to 80-90c at load. Just lower your fan speeds.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.