Gaming Monitor recommendations

KiwiRemonrade

I just joined the forum after lurking here for awhile.  I just ordered my new PC and am now in need of a new monitor to go along with it.  I am looking for a 27" monitor, and I would like it to be 2560x1440 if possible.  What are the best options for $350 USD or less?  The specs of my system are as follows:

i5-7600k

ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/AC lga 1151

16gb RAM DDR4-2400

GTX 1080 Ti

1000W Corsair RMx RM1000X

500gb M.2 ssd boot drive

I think that's all the important stuff.  Thanks in advance for your responses.

TBH I would save up to around $500 to get a 1440p 144hz panel. Because otherwise for $350 you are only going to have 60hz, and 144hz is so much nicer. 

Is 1080p 144hz going to be alright for gaming?  I've been told that the 144hz is more important than the higher resolution.  So, if I go with 1080p 144hz, do you think that would be better?  

1 hour ago, KiwiRemonrade said:

Is 1080p 144hz going to be alright for gaming?  I've been told that the 144hz is more important than the higher resolution.  So, if I go with 1080p 144hz, do you think that would be better?  

yeah 144hz>1440p

Ok, one last question.  What if I choose a 144z 2560x1440 monitor with freesync?  I can get the resolution and refresh rate that I want, but I'll have freesync which I can't use, which is fine.  I can still utilize either vsync or nvidia fast sync, correct?  Anybody know of any monitors that fit these specifications that are relatively inexpensive (not cheap).  $400 is max.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

PG248Q or S2417DG 

Anything 27" you can recommend?

Just now, KiwiRemonrade said:

Anything 27" you can recommend?

You're asking too much for your budget..

Gsync adds a premium.. and "sync" in general overlayed at 144hz doesn't really matter.

You don't get much screen tear at 144hz+ in general

Just now, Aytex said:

You're asking too much for your budget..

Gsync adds a premium.. and "sync" in general overlayed at 144hz doesn't really matter.

You don't get much screen tear at 144hz+ in general

That's why I'm asking for freesync as opposed to gsync.  I realize I won't be able to utilize it, but I'm wanting the 144hz more than gsync/freesync, so I can just disable freesync and still have my 144hz.  I know that freesync is less expensive than gsync, so that's why I asked for that.

3 minutes ago, KiwiRemonrade said:

That's why I'm asking for freesync as opposed to gsync.  I realize I won't be able to utilize it, but I'm wanting the 144hz more than gsync/freesync, so I can just disable freesync and still have my 144hz.  I know that freesync is less expensive than gsync, so that's why I asked for that.

Still you only have the S2417DG..

Unless you want to go borderline with the new AG271QX (I have no idea how the panel is in terms of color)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-ag271qx-agon-27-inch-freesync-monitor,4860-6.html

Theres a review there, you can research that on your own.

Thanks.  I apologize if I sounded like a jerk, it wasn't my intention.  But I do appreciate the help.  I may save up for the S2716DG, but not sure yet.  I have access to some deals from Dell and may be able to get it for $450 next month.  Just not sure yet.  But I really appreciate the help.