Will a 1070 throttle with an AMD A8 6600K?

Hi guys, don't judge me if this is a stupid question, but will a 1070 throttle with an AMD A8 6600K?

A bit of backstory for you, I'm saving for a new pc, and I'm putting a 1070 in there. However I found a 1070 for only £350, which is a good deal, however I don't know if this will remain the case. If I were to buy it I'd put it in my current rig, which as previosuly shown, has an AMD A8 6600K, so if I were to buy the card now, would it throttle? Or should I wait to buy the card? I'm planning on building the rest of the PC in December when my funds allow.

Thanks guys :)

The CPU will most certainly bottleneck the heck out of that card.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Thanks bud, I'll wait until the rest of the pc is affordable, and hope it's still as cheap.

Thanks again for the help.

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Very badly yes

yes it will. Also better word for that is bottlenecking, it wiil bottleneck it a lot, hell, I won't go with anything higher than rx 470/570 (Good luck finding these). And also to upgrade you'll have to purchase new mobo (because there are no decent cpus on fm2+), ram (you have ddr3 and new amd and intel cpu's doesn't support it) to upgrade your cpu (yes, you can buy 860k, but it's pretty bad and I won't recommend it)

Depends on your Software and Settings.

If you play in 4k @ 30 fps lock.. probably no CPU Bottleneck.

If you play 1080p with a 144 Hz Monitor.. yea, you will get bottlenecks in most modern titles.

But ask yourself 1 question first: Does your CPU deliver enough fps for YOU? 

If the answer is Yes: No problem. Who Cares if there is a bottleneck, or who cares WHAT bottlenecks. You have enough fps for your settings, and for your desired "smoothness"

If the answer is No: Then your CPU is too slow, no matter what GPU.

Thanks for all the help, just to let you know, the pc I'm intending to build will have an i5 7500, MSI B250i mobo (ITX, I forget the full name), 16Gb DDR4, Silverstone ML08B-H. If you have any reccomendations, let me know.

2 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Depends on your Software and Settings.

If you play in 4k @ 30 fps lock.. probably no CPU Bottleneck.

If you play 1080p with a 144 Hz Monitor.. yea, you will get bottlenecks in most modern titles.

But ask yourself 1 question first: Does your CPU deliver enough fps for YOU? 

If the answer is Yes: No problem. Who Cares if there is a bottleneck, or who cares WHAT bottlenecks. You have enough fps for your settings, and for your desired "smoothness"

If the answer is No: Then your CPU is too slow, no matter what GPU.

I just bought a 144Hz monitor, and yes my intentions are to get 144fps at 1080p, in titles such as BF, OW and Rainbow Six Seige.

Just now, BritScout said:

Thanks for all the help, just to let you know, the pc I'm intending to build will have an i5 7500, MSI B250i mobo (ITX, I forget the full name), 16Gb DDR4, Silverstone ML08B-H. If you have any reccomendations, let me know.

better go with ryzen 1400 it's about same cost and much better, and in few years i5 may struggle and ryzen will be good. 

you can get the gpu now and upgrade cpu and mobo later since the gpu will be a bit bottlenecked

Just now, Gameborn said:

better go with ryzen 1400 it's about same cost and much better, and in few years i5 may struggle and ryzen will be good. 

That was originally my plan, however there are currently minimal amounts of ITX AM4 motherboards available unfortunately, I would definetely prefer an ITX build, as I travel a fair bit, so theres the problem :/

Just now, BritScout said:

That was originally my plan, however there are currently minimal amounts of ITX AM4 motherboards available unfortunately, I would definetely prefer an ITX build, as I travel a fair bit, so theres the problem :/

Most likely am4 itx motherboards will appear until december. But still i5 isn't too bad, but there's currently a lot going on on cpu market so we don't know what will be requierements for cpu in next years for all kinds of tasks including gaming.

Just now, Gameborn said:

Most likely am4 itx motherboards will appear until december. But still i5 isn't too bad, but there's currently a lot going on on cpu market so we don't know what will be requierements for cpu in next years for all kinds of tasks including gaming.

Indeed, as I said, not building until December, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if there is more motherboards available then. If not, the i5 will do. Thank you for your help.

It will because my testbench bottlenecks and I have a amd fx 8350 which I believe is more powerful then your CPU and let me tell you it bottlenecks my 1070 so much

Just now, Gamerguy207 said:

It will because my testbench bottlenecks and I have a amd fx 8350 which I believe is more powerful then your CPU and let me tell you it bottlenecks my 1070 so much

Thanks for the reply.

Just now, Gamerguy207 said:

this a8 apu was made for small, compact home theather pc's and fx 8350 is many times better, and yeah even 8-core fx wil bottleneck 1070 but won't 1060

Yeah that'll bottleneck super hard. An RX 570 or 1050ti is about as high as I'd go on that chip.