We Built the CHEAPEST PC on Newegg

when in stock

55$ : ASRock QC5000M AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 Quad-Core APU SOC Micro ATX Motherboard/CPU Combo

14$ / 23$ : 2 GB / 4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz

40$ : TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive (42.5$ for seagate barracuda 1 TB)

33$ : LOGISYS Computer CS136BK Micro ATX Computer Case with 480W Power Supply (1), ( 40$ for something a bit more decent)

1 shit psu but can probably handle the 50w of the whole system (without optional video card)

so 142$..151$

Can probably save 15-20$ on hdd by buying from other stores like Amazon

With 4GB of memory video card could probably play modern games at 720p / 13xx x 768  and video playback / browsing is just fine

Board has a pci-e x4 slot for extra video card but anything under 50$ probably won't make much of a difference.

20 hours ago, MoistyMcMoistface said:

...The fact that the XION-310 exists for $25 AT ALL is a miracle and is worthy of praise for this reason alone. Whatever factory this came from the workers where paid in chewing gum becasue this same exact case made in USA would cost 60 bucks.

I think you can get by better if you were making stuff in sufficient volume, steel isn't that expensive.

In volume (e.g. 500/1000 pieces), there's cases you can get for $5 a piece off of Alibaba ... the scary bit is you can get supposedly 400+W power supplies for $5 too. Let's say you can fit 1000 cases into a 40' container -- costs about $2000 to ship ($2 / case) ... but wait, there's good news - and that's that computer cases are mostly empty -- you can stuff them with ram iphone cases, adapter cables, RGB strips, and other fluff...  (imagine stuffing it full of RGB LEDs and then keeping all of them - plugging them in :)

@LinusTech

I would much rather watch videos that are more of a PSA style then videos that deliberately take advantage of using a low budget like this one and the $69 dollar PC video. They just feel rushed in my opinion and aren't enjoyable to watch. 

I still can't get over the fact they actually spent money on a GPU when they already have a APU...... like wtf?

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see what 2 more gigs of RAM would do to the cost and performance.