Anyone Looking for a Linus Tech Tips Beanbag Chair?

What's the rate for shipping to the UK @CPotter? May have to partake in this deal

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

On 6/15/2017 at 0:49 PM, UberGamerKing said:

150$ USD for a bean bag.

Thats a bit much

You're buying the branding. 

I sent an email. I want a red one since orange isn't available. 

"You wouldn't worry so much what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do" -Eleanor Roosevelt 

9 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

No your not. Bean bags are expensive and Linus isn't Nike.

"You wouldn't worry so much what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do" -Eleanor Roosevelt 

For anyone interested just calculated the shipping to Ohio. It will cost around $100 US dollars via FedEx.

You're not willing to sell a single one are you? :P 

Possibly the display item since it's already opened? ;D 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Well I think that that would count as oversized luggage on an airplane. Are the boxes more than 52 inches as measured for luggage L+W+D? Also, could I just buy the cover and leave the stuffing with you?

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

On 6/16/2017 at 3:50 AM, DoctorWho1975 said:

Has Linus personally dropped them?

I'll buy one if I can see Linus drop one on the WAN Show... 

... Joking, email sent.

.... Not joking though, I want to know that I'm buying authentic LTT #DroppedSwagg

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

On 2017-6-18 at 11:42 AM, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@CPotter

How many have you still got? and what colors have you got left? I might be interested as the price seems fair (£118.10) in my country. 

Seems really damn good but if the filling is big at all the shipping to UK is probably gonna bone you

10 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

Well I think that that would count as oversized luggage on an airplane. Are the boxes more than 52 inches as measured for luggage L+W+D? Also, could I just buy the cover and leave the stuffing with you?

@LinusTech @CPotter If it fits as a normal bag on an airplane, or you let me just take the slip i'll take one at LTX!

I actually really want one, but even though I'm just south in Washington I'm still afraid of shipping.  Wonder what border patrol would say if I told them I was literally going across to pick up a bean bag chair.

On 17.6.2017 at 9:15 PM, LinusTech said:

They include the fill. We needed ~20 and it was literally cheaper to buy 50 from a volume seller in China than to buy 20 locally.

So we figured we'd just flip the remaining ones at about the price we paid.

To the people insinuating that we're gouging people plz show me the listing for where you can buy something like this cheaper. They're really nice.

https://www.amazon.de/BuBiBag-Funktionen-Sitzkissen-Bodenkissen-Durchmesser/dp/B01M0D9Y7D/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498079133&sr=8-1&keywords=bean+bag

https://www.amazon.de/Sitzsack-Sessel-erwachsene-Bodenkissen-Durchmesser/dp/B00QA9LEKA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1498079133&sr=8-5&keywords=bean+bag

As much as I would love a LTT beanbag, I haven't had a beanbag that lasts over a week before whatever is inside them is outside in my room.

43 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

Decent beanbags are expensive.

7 minutes ago, MastuhWaffles said:

As much as I would love a LTT beanbag, I haven't had a beanbag that lasts over a week before whatever is inside them is outside in my room.

Do you only get cheap beanbags or do you just abuse them?

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

On 6/15/2017 at 0:57 PM, Daniel644 said:

it's like they are trying to see how much there "celebrity value" is, grossly over estimated that one

Hope you're trolling. High quality bean bags are very expensive, just like any other piece of furniture. Look up Lovesac and you'll see what I mean.

54 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

No, you're buying the product. There is very little markup on these, and markup that is there is intended to cover the cost of getting them to us rather than due to the fact that it has our logo on it.

21 minutes ago, Ganabei said:

I actually really want one, but even though I'm just south in Washington I'm still afraid of shipping.  Wonder what border patrol would say if I told them I was literally going across to pick up a bean bag chair.

In my experience border patrol is usually chill as long as your story checks out and you don't try to hide anything. Tell them what you're going up for, declare the value, show receipts, and you're usually fine.

20 minutes ago, Mollo said:

You have to factor in quality when you're comparing one product to another. The ones we're selling are essentially actual pieces of furniture, designed to be durable. Those Amazon ones will break in a week or less for anyone larger than a child and will probably be uncomfy AF.

15 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

@LinusTech @CPotter If it fits as a normal bag on an airplane, or you let me just take the slip i'll take one at LTX!

@nicklmg What about my questions?

On 16/06/2017 at 0:47 PM, King_of_Oz said:

Not true. Beanbags are usually WAY more exspensive.

Not over here in the Netherlands, for that money I can get one of the massive Fatboy beanbags with shipping included... So you must really want some premium LTT branding on it to make it worth your while. Anyway shipping something this large across the world isn't economical most of the time anyway.

26 minutes ago, Ganabei said:

Move on sir, you are holding the line?

Just now, Justin_ said:

@nicklmg What about my questions?

I'm not sure if it would fit as a standard bag on an airplane. Maybe Colton can advise.

I don't see why it wouldn't be fine for you to just take the sleeve, but again I'm not 100% sure and hopefully Colton can advise.

Just now, nicklmg said:

I'm not sure if it would fit as a standard bag on an airplane. Maybe Colton can advise.

I don't see why it wouldn't be fine for you to just take the sleeve, but again I'm not 100% sure and hopefully Colton can advise.

That's what I thought, "normal airplane bag" would be H+L+W @ 52 inches or less (uah 132.08CM) I guess i'll wait for @CPotter

Is the stuffing super compressed in the box? Could I separate it out and put it into 2 suitcase/boxes?

9 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Hope you're trolling. High quality bean bags are very expensive, just like any other piece of furniture. Look up Lovesac and you'll see what I mean.

No, you're buying the product. There is very little markup on these, and markup that is there is intended to cover the cost of getting them to us rather than due to the fact that it has our logo on it.

In my experience border patrol is usually chill as long as your story checks out and you don't try to hide anything. Tell them what you're going up for, declare the value, show receipts, and you're usually fine.

You have to factor in quality when you're comparing one product to another. The ones we're selling are essentially actual pieces of furniture, designed to be durable. Those Amazon ones will break in a week or less for anything larger than a child and will probably be uncomfy AF.

i think there s also a large difference between the prices in europe and in canada

They have pretty good reviews considering built quality and they are right now on sale so they arent reakky cheap value products

8 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Partially trolling, because honestly who pays that kind of money for BEAN BAG CHAIRS, sorry I'm getting to old for stuff like that, and partially making the point that there are plenty of options for FAR LESS that are of close enough quality that the average person would grow out of the bean bag chair phase of there life before it wore out. Just like you can buy a 2k MAC or a 1k PC and the PC will have similar specs, you can find better ground between quality/longevity and price, but maybe i'm just to much of a cheap bastard to overpay for something I see no value in.

7 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Is he the expert because he can fit in a standard bag?

Also @LinusTech the pictures are a little unawesome, can I get a better idea of what that "red" colour looks like? I'm tempted, and can just drive over to pick one up easily enough.

MSI Z170A Gaming M7 ͓  i7 6700k ͓  16GB DDR4-3200 ͓  EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra Gaming

1 minute ago, Silent Node said:

Is he the expert because he can fit in a standard bag?

Also @LinusTech the pictures are a little unawesome, can I get a better idea of what that "red" colour looks like? I'm tempted, and can just drive over to pick one up easily enough.

Why not just post the RAL colour number, this should give people a good baseline.