Anyone Looking for a Linus Tech Tips Beanbag Chair?

16 minutes ago, Mollo said:

i think there s also a large difference between the prices in europe and in canada

They have pretty good reviews considering built quality and they are right now on sale so they arent reakky cheap value products

That's possible. Beanbag chairs aren't typically a thing that many adults have here in North America, but these were ordered in bulk from China so not really sure if that would factor in or not.

15 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Partially trolling, because honestly who pays that kind of money for BEAN BAG CHAIRS, sorry I'm getting to old for stuff like that, and partially making the point that there are plenty of options for FAR LESS that are of close enough quality that the average person would grow out of the bean bag chair phase of there life before it wore out. Just like you can buy a 2k MAC or a 1k PC and the PC will have similar specs, you can find better ground between quality/longevity and price, but maybe i'm just to much of a cheap bastard to overpay for something I see no value in.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with "something I see no value in." If you're only looking at it as "that thing that my dimwitted college friend had in their dorm that spilled beans wherever he/she went," then it's tough to see past the stereotype that you're imposing on a product.

There are many things in life that some will grow out of and others will continue for years or maybe even for their whole lives. I think this is one of those things - it's not for you, but that doesn't mean that someone has to be immature or "in a phase" to have a beanbag chair in their house.

And if you look at it as a piece of furniture - which it is - then a couple hundred bucks is actually very, very reasonable. I spent literally thousands of dollars on a few pieces of furniture for my place last year. It's insane, but if you want something that will last you have to pay primo prices.

I'd say it's more like buying a Logitech mouse over a MadCatz mouse than a Mac vs PC - both serve exactly the same purpose, just one is from a better seller, is probably designed better, and is likely to last as long as you need it to.

On 2017-06-15 at 3:57 PM, Daniel644 said:

it's like they are trying to see how much there "celebrity value" is, grossly over estimated that one

Beanbag chairs aren't cheap m8.

29 minutes ago, NanoBaight said:

Beanbag chairs aren't cheap m8.

They CAN be, they can also be stupid expensive (like these), these chairs are like putting 64GB of RAM in a PC using a 7700k, a pointless waste of money, because you could have bought something a third the price (gone with 16GB in this analogy) and still been perfectly fine without giving up much.

38 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with "something I see no value in." If you're only looking at it as "that thing that my dimwitted college friend had in their dorm that spilled beans wherever he/she went," then it's tough to see past the stereotype that you're imposing on a product.

There are many things in life that some will grow out of and others will continue for years or maybe even for their whole lives. I think this is one of those things - it's not for you, but that doesn't mean that someone has to be immature or "in a phase" to have a beanbag chair in their house.

And if you look at it as a piece of furniture - which it is - then a couple hundred bucks is actually very, very reasonable. I spent literally thousands of dollars on a few pieces of furniture for my place last year. It's insane, but if you want something that will last you have to pay primo prices.

I'd say it's more like buying a Logitech mouse over a MadCatz mouse than a Mac vs PC - both serve exactly the same purpose, just one is from a better seller, is probably designed better, and is likely to last as long as you need it to.

Believe me I know just how expensive furnishing is, I did my living room in the last year as well. I'm also in the process of a full remodel (hence the stud framed wall in the backdrop) so I am well aware that these are a big step up from the 20 dollar crap bags you find at Walmart, but are they really all that much better then the 100-200 dollar price range bags to justify being 3-4 times that price at the retail level? I spent 1,200 on the sofas and 700 on the leather chair and like 300 on the coffee table. The Green recliner was a hand me down that I have passed on to someone else once I bought my furniture.

20160708_221611.jpg

20160713_025225.jpg

20160606_234924.jpg

20160608_001441.jpg

41 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Believe me I know just how expensive furnishing is, I did my living room in the last year as well. I'm also in the process of a full remodel (hence the stud framed wall in the backdrop) so I am well aware that these are a big step up from the 20 dollar crap bags you find at Walmart, but are they really all that much better then the 100-200 dollar price range bags to justify being 3-4 times that price at the retail level? I spent 1,200 on the sofas and 700 on the leather chair and like 300 on the coffee table. The Green recliner was a hand me down that I have passed on to someone else once I bought my furniture.

20160708_221611.jpg

20160713_025225.jpg

20160606_234924.jpg

20160608_001441.jpg

That's a sick table! Nice pieces overall.

Yeah like I said I certainly feel your pain there :S 

20 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

That's a sick table! Nice pieces overall.

Yeah like I said I certainly feel your pain there :S 

I considered trying to convert the top middle section (open area under the glass) into a sorta DIY Desk PC inspired build by closing in the sides, but in the middle of the room it's not practical, especially since I have plans for VR down the road and I would have to slide it out of the way every time. Also I just checked, it was actually 200, not 300, but it was also the most time consuming thing to assemble, I did several kitchen cabinets and my Ikea Pax system (bedroom closet, pictured here, remember construction zone, previously space was used by a preteen girl, hence the colors on the wall) went together faster.

20170416_182534.jpg

I'll give you a hundo american and some skittles from holloween.

On 18/06/2017 at 0:45 AM, LinusTech said:

They include the fill. We needed ~20 and it was literally cheaper to buy 50 from a volume seller in China than to buy 20 locally.

So we figured we'd just flip the remaining ones at about the price we paid.

To the people insinuating that we're gouging people plz show me the listing for where you can buy something like this cheaper. They're really nice.

I think you have been ripped off. See this Amazon India listing. Comfort Bean Bag Xxxl Red https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00XHVLSDM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8A0szbZ1ASGSV

Or this one again. 

ORKA Starwars Dark Side Digital Printed XL Bean Bag Cover (Without Beans) - Grey & Black https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06XG9G487/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3C0szbKKG0V9A

Even the thermocole beads are dirt cheap. 

Mehdi 100gm Bean Bag Filler Packet (thermocol Beads) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N0ZXNZ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YD0szbPCSZAS7

What the heck is that monetary symbol and how much is it worth, I can't even copy-paste it.

Capture.PNG.0688626c8347e46b1ecda1449155d1e5.PNG

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

On 6/15/2017 at 1:28 PM, CPotter said:

We have 21 reds, 22 blues, and 7 purples. We plan on keeping 7 of each color but are flexible. 

So y'all are selling 14 red, 15 blue, and none of the purple?

I've got a feeling that this wasn't so much "accidental", and more intentional :P You should put them up in the LTT Store.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 hour ago, Justin_ said:

What the heck is that monetary symbol and how much is it worth, I can't even copy-paste it.

Capture.PNG.0688626c8347e46b1ecda1449155d1e5.PNG

That's the INR or Indian Rupee. For your reference 1usd equals about ₹64.48.

Any chance for a review sample?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

If I had space for one, I'd buy it. People, seriously, it is NOT expensive! I've seen similar products at WalMart sell for $300+!

On 2017-6-15 at 6:38 PM, Jamiec1130 said:

Dang it, I live on the East Coast. 

Dang it, I live in Britain

On 17/06/2017 at 8:15 PM, LinusTech said:

They include the fill. We needed ~20 and it was literally cheaper to buy 50 from a volume seller in China than to buy 20 locally.

So we figured we'd just flip the remaining ones at about the price we paid.

To the people insinuating that we're gouging people plz show me the listing for where you can buy something like this cheaper. They're really nice.

Accept Bitcoin? ?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

14 hours ago, Ganabei said:

I actually really want one, but even though I'm just south in Washington I'm still afraid of shipping.  Wonder what border patrol would say if I told them I was literally going across to pick up a bean bag chair.

On your return trip they'll rip that bean bag open quicker than you can say "oohhh am saaaaah a thaaaht this wuz umuuurca!"

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

^^

I'm sure you could make a killing off used LMG bean bags... There's no doubt a fetish for it

On 6/21/2017 at 11:32 PM, Mollo said:

i think there s also a large difference between the prices in europe and in canada

They have pretty good reviews considering built quality and they are right now on sale so they arent reakky cheap value products

To be fair, they are on sale from a reported list price of €140. I know Amazon sometimes reports list prices that are never actually used (there's always some discount or another according to them), but technically they just claim to have a ridiculous deal on something as expensive as LTT's offer (quality comparisons aside - I have no clue about bean bag chairs nor about these particular models).

lol...

CAD$900 for shipping to AU

Western Sydney University - 4th year BCompSc student

I would of bought one had it not been for the 521$ shipping charge to east coast USA.

13 hours ago, Can_We_Just said:

I would of bought one had it not been for the 521$ shipping charge to east coast USA.

Wow. What part of the East Coast? Shipping to NC is 150 CAD, 113 USD.

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

18 hours ago, Can_We_Just said:

At that rate, you might as well just buy a regular high-end beanbag chair and sharpie "LinusTechTips" on the side of it :P

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

Does anyone know where they originally bought these from, also how much do you think they spent on buying all 50?