First time liquid cooling

So I am looking to get into liquid cooling to really dive into it. I have in the past used a water cooled heat sink before but it did not work out well and it did die after about 1-2 years. So Im looking to really get into water cooling and I need to know all the things i need to get started. I am with a amd build if that helps out but i will be upgrading to the ryzen soon and will also be putting all this water cooling within a custom built desk (itll have an estimated volume of about 1680 inch3) (using a 70 inch base board with 3/4 inch taken from each side) So this gives me plenty of room with tubing and placing the motherboard and such. 

At any rate I know I would like the liquid itself to be purple instead of the green or neon blue and such, but for what I need, I do not exactly know, nor the prices since most items seem to be $100 plus a part. 

I guess for basics this would be my setup https://pcpartpicker.com/list/C2VWvV but with a 700 watt psu that I have. will that psu be enough for liquid cooling and maybe some RGB lighting or would i need a dedicated one for it? Any help with getting started will be nice. 

Do you want custom water loop? Because than you are looking at much higher prices than just 100$.

And 700W is more than fine.

Water cooling doesn't take a lot of power. It's just pump and few fans ... not sure if all together is using 50W.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

do you want to cool both GPU and CPU? the general rule for radiators would be one 120mm per component and then one 120mm extra. coolant comes in many flavors and you need to decide what tubeing you want too. soft or hard, and what kind of fittings you want aswell. there is a lot of planeing going in to a custom loop :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

30 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Do you want custom water loop? Because than you are looking at much higher prices than just 100$.

And 700W is more than fine.

Water cooling doesn't take a lot of power. It's just pump and few fans ... not sure if all together is using 50W.

Im not sure what you mean by a custom water loop, Like i Said this is all new to me, im thinking maybe radiator on one side and the piping going to the other side. I guess that would be a custom water look wouldnt it.

27 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

do you want to cool both GPU and CPU? the general rule for radiators would be one 120mm per component and then one 120mm extra. coolant comes in many flavors and you need to decide what tubeing you want too. soft or hard, and what kind of fittings you want aswell. there is a lot of planeing going in to a custom loop :) 

i didnt know you could cool gpus now, only cpus. I might need to rethink this now. As for tubing, well Clear tubing and so long as it stays in place and cant get leaks or break over time from wear and tear is what i want. Idk what you mean by fittings. 

It will take more than 100 bucks and if you dont learn properly and be sure you can do it i would say stay away from it as it doeant have much performance benefits anyways

I started with and am very happy with the EK P360. Get the one with the right sized Rad but the kit is a great way to get initial parts without having to worry about forgetting anything. The only thing I suggest is getting some extra parts to create a drain port. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits

4 hours ago, BarisERY said:

It will take more than 100 bucks and if you dont learn properly and be sure you can do it i would say stay away from it as it doeant have much performance benefits anyways

I would agree with this comment, you really need to look into this more before you start formulating complex plans such as this. However we can give you a few things to look into:

1) Tubing and Fittings

2) Pumps

3) Radiators

4) Fill and Drain Ports

5) Fans ('Static Pressure' and 'Air Flow' optimised)

6) PWM (this is specifically with reference to the Pump, so many people don't understand what PWM is both in theory and its physical requirements)

That should give you a good start into researching water cooling. I would recommending watching YouTube videos from Jayz2cents, Paul's Hardware and of course LinusTechTips to get most of the information  you require. You may need more specific answers after watching a good amount of videos, at that point it would be wise to return here for some specific advise.

This following bit may sound harsh but it's in no way meant to come across that way, personally I really want to help everyone in the best way possible:

I'm sure we can all tell you what you need to do this project, however it's a very inefficient way of teaching you what you need to know. The amount of time it takes to explain it all on a forum when there is plenty of Video content that does a great job is not reasonable. I think you need to spend a few evenings really looking into this watching YouTube videos, designing some systems, and working out teething issues and unknown areas, and then come back with some specific questions when you're struggling to find the answers. And again, not to sound harsh, but your going to need to be willing to put the effort into learning before doing, otherwise you'll end up with a big problem with your custom water cooling loop, that could have wasted your time, money, and worse case could break the rest of your system.

To be honest just looking at pictures and 1 video on building a water cooling system would answer a lot of your queries...

This is a Hardline Watercool video from LTT that I would recommend watching to get a decent understanding of what you need and how it works as a system:

I wouldn't recommend doing a Hard tubing build for your first, it is much easier to use soft tubing. However they have different types of fittings, make sure you research both and understand what you need to buy.

To cool that system (CPU and GPU) I would estimate a cost of around $500 minimum (using official PC water cooling hardware). However you could probably do it for $300 with used parts or with "homemade" components - for a beginner please don't use "homemade" components!

Best of luck with learning about water cooling, it will be great to have a conversation about this when you are a little more caught up with it.

Ignore this, I tried to edit the previous post, I accidental quoted it...

6 hours ago, Milky kou said:

Im not sure what you mean by a custom water loop, Like i Said this is all new to me, im thinking maybe radiator on one side and the piping going to the other side. I guess that would be a custom water look wouldnt it.

i didnt know you could cool gpus now, only cpus. I might need to rethink this now. As for tubing, well Clear tubing and so long as it stays in place and cant get leaks or break over time from wear and tear is what i want. Idk what you mean by fittings. 

I think you should first look at some tutorials on ekwb website, before you continue down that road.

For 100$ you will get AIO cooler only for CPU.

If you want to cool your CPU and GPU with custom water loop that you have to put together on your own ... don't expect it to be cheaper than 400$.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

On 6/14/2017 at 10:04 AM, Simon771 said:

I think you should first look at some tutorials on ekwb website, before you continue down that road.

For 100$ you will get AIO cooler only for CPU.

If you want to cool your CPU and GPU with custom water loop that you have to put together on your own ... don't expect it to be cheaper than 400$.

Ive actually been looking into the watercooling and all i can find is watercooling for nvidea cards and nothing for ATI cards. Is it exclusive to just those cards? I mean If its not there cool if it is Im having the hardest time finding it for any ATI card out there.