CPU Cooler Modding.???

Alan Wingate

So this is the old variant of the cooler: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RyPfrH/rosewill-cpu-cooler-rcxz90al

And the launched a new variant which is this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XZTmP6/rosewill-cpu-cooler-rcxz300

I really like the new variant cause it has more features than the old one, the only problen is the fan it doesn't match

the theme.

My question is can I change fans between them cause the are the same size ??

In order to have the updated version but black.

probably but it might void the warrenty

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

It is warranty void. If you cannot get it on use super glue. If you work clean, it looks professional. Use your imagination

I used steal stripes to screw a different cooler (amd) to a Intel with threaded bar. Works a treat and does not look to horrible. Ghetto style, but actually looks relatively nice. You could improofe to make it look even better. Try out stuff, a good way to learn - risk something in your budged. :-)

And if I decide to do it, well. How I can actually do it.

I mean how can i take the fan off 

if the metal heatsink is the same size and the plastic hooks are the same, you should be able to gently pry it of with a screwdriver, or a stiff plastic spudger like https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/trim-moulding/5-piece-auto-trim-and-molding-tool-set-67021.html  if you do it really good and don't ding things up, and swap the fan back if you need to send it in (but really, it's a heatsink it's not like it's gonna fail lol) no warranty worries, just do it with your old one after you have the new one so that if you mess up and break any plastic clips at least you still have a functional cooler

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Take it of, like it is fixed. If not screwed, it is either clicked in or screwd. Just basically reverse, what yoou can see.