New build need advice/help

I am completely new to building a custom gaming pc and I would like some help. If you have any recommendations/upgrades instead of the parts I selected please go ahead and tell me.

CPU - Intel 7700k

GPU - 2x GTX 1080 TI

SSD - Samsung evo 1tb

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.15 2tb

Ram- HyperX Predator 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) Desktop Memory Model HX440C19PB3K2/16 

(Should I just have the 16gb of ram or should I just go with 32 instead)

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero

I have not chosen cooling, case, or power supply.

One main thing I need from this pc is it to be cool due to the fact that my house gets really hot because of where I live.

Should I go with air cooled or liquid cooled?

I was thinking about going with the Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type and also replacing all fans with noctua because i hear they are very good and silent.

Hi there!

Seems like unfortunately the bumping does not get you the help you requested so far...

We can only speak for your hard drive selection and would like to thank you for considering a Seagate drive!

The BarraCuda series is designed for regular computing, gaming and backups and as long as you don't use this type of drive in a 24/7 environment (e.g. in a NAS), you should be good to go.

Additionally, since you are considering a SSD as your boot / programs device, the BarraCuda is a great addition for the necessary capacity and performance in regards to your gaming plans.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks and happy gaming! 

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

On 6/13/2017 at 10:13 PM, thatguyxx said:

I am completely new to building a custom gaming pc and I would like some help. If you have any recommendations/upgrades instead of the parts I selected please go ahead and tell me.

CPU - Intel 7700k

GPU - 2x GTX 1080 TI

SSD - Samsung evo 1tb

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.15 2tb

Ram- HyperX Predator 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) Desktop Memory Model HX440C19PB3K2/16 

(Should I just have the 16gb of ram or should I just go with 32 instead)

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero

I have not chosen cooling, case, or power supply.

One main thing I need from this pc is it to be cool due to the fact that my house gets really hot because of where I live.

Should I go with air cooled or liquid cooled?

I was thinking about going with the Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type and also replacing all fans with noctua because i hear they are very good and silent.

What monitor are you going to be using ?

Is this just for gaming ?