Alienware Area 51 with AMD Threadripper

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

Yeah but they're (not confirmed yet) soldered and Kaby isn't :P

Even compared to the 140W Broadwell-E chips, this is 150W spread around 2 chips which are pretty far apart from each other, soldered to the IHS (theoretically, although if AMD was able to solder two separate chips to a single IHS then hats off to their engineers), so at the very least they will take less cooling than Broadwell-E to keep in safe temps.

AMD scored a huge win in performance per watt, achieving numbers Intel could only dream of as of the release of Ryzen.

i will wait for the release. i want to see the price and performance difference between the R7 and the 10-core thread ripper. I dont think i will be able to afford, or need, the 16 core cpu.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

Yeah but they're (not confirmed yet) soldered and Kaby isn't :P

Even compared to the 140W Broadwell-E chips, this is 150W spread around 2 chips which are pretty far apart from each other, soldered to the IHS (theoretically, although if AMD was able to solder two separate chips to a single IHS then hats off to their engineers), so at the very least they will take less cooling than Broadwell-E to keep in safe temps.

AMD scored a huge win in performance per watt, achieving numbers Intel could only dream of as of the release of Ryzen.

Also Threadripper itself is huge so it has a larger contact surface to evenly dissipate its heat to a cooler.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

On ‎2017‎.‎06‎.‎13‎. at 7:17 AM, deXxterlab97 said:

hope the cables are sleeved

the thing doesn't have any windows or rgb - not gaming enough

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K